September Walking Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Ok Ladies...it's a new month! Time to set your mileage goal for September!

I just barely made my 135 mile August walking goal, but I did make it! Yay me! My September goal is 180 miles. I'm training for the breast cancer 3-Day in Tampa Bay in October, so don't feel any pressure to walk 180 miles yourself. I certainly wouldn't be walking 180 miles unless I needed to in order to prepare for the 60 mile breast cancer walk!

Please join me as we walk our way through September!

• I'm in for 90 miles for September with 4 of them done this morning. This might be pushing a bit, but I think I can do it.

Wow Genesis-most impressive!!
  • I'm new to 3FC and will make a modest start on the walking challenge. I'm going to say 60 miles and I've done 3 of them today.
  • Welcome, Tejas!

60 miles is a GREAT goal and is certainly not modest!

Congrats on your first 3 miles for the month...keep it up!
  • Thank you for the welcome. I thought that I could do 3 miles a day for five days a week fairly easily. Then I would add another 15 somewhere along the way.

I like to walk but manage to lose every pedometer I buy. I've marked off a route in the neigbborhood and will use the treadmill.

This should be fun.
  • I'm increasing my goal to 85 miles this month! I've made 80 the past two months, so this should be achieveable! I'm also aiming for "Onederland" this month! Only 4 pounds to go!

Michele
  • Hi everyone, I would love to join the challenge. My goal for the month is going to be 80 miles...I look forward to getting to know you all!
  • good morning gang

I haven't been on the walking thread in months, but I'm back today. I'm off of work and slept in and then did 3 miles with Leslie! whooohoooo Now if my boss doesn't mind me sleeping in again tomorrow I will do the same but really I've got to figure out a way to get my walking back in...I'll either have to get up at 5 each morning and do it, or I'll have to walk during lunch, but one way or the other, I've got to get back to it.

Hope everybody has a bkessed day!

Cathy
  • i am new here also and i am going to try walking 60 miles this month good luck to everyone this month. question, when do we check back in? so far i have 3 miles in 57 more to go.
  • I did 3 miles on the treadmill today! woohoo! I really need to find a safe place to walk, where I can keep track of how many miles I'm doing, because this treadmill is NOT reliable, not to mention it's in the dusty garage. I might try to do a couple more miles tonight if I have the energy. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Welcome everybody! So nice to see so many people here this month!

Stacey99, check back in as often as you'd like. I tend to check in fairly regularly to post my miles and keep myself on track. I post my miles in the following format, but you can do whatever you'd like.

September goal = 180 miles
    Miles walked = 10
    Miles to go = 170
  • I have a quesiton for everyone, is it OK to walk without an incline? I am doing a 0 percent incline and walking at about 3 mph.
  • Hi guys-My walk was cut short this morning and I only logged in 2 miles. My walking partner and I ran a 5K yesterday and her knee was flaring up this morning.

2 cool things from the holiday weekend:

I ran a mile race and hit exactly an 8 minute mile (I have NEVER run that fast!)

I ran the 5K in 28:04. That is a personal best for me, and it was a cross country course which I'm always slower on!!!! HAPPY ME!

Anyways,

September goal - 90 miles
    Miles walked - 14 miles
    Miles to go - 76 miles

Its great to see so many walkers around this month.
  • Hi everyone! I am new and a little late but would love to join the challenge. My goal will be 100 miles. Will add my miles I have done this month so far.

Today 2.25mi. before it rained.

September goal- 100
    Miles walked- 19.87
    Miles to go- 80.13
  • Just checking in to keep myself on track!

Goal: 80
    Completed: 8
    Miles to go: 72

Plan on walking 5 miles today