Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-11-2006, 02:07 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Default excercise tips?

Okay I lose weight ALOT in my boobs and my butt and legs, but I can't seem to loose any fat in my stomach. I already reached my goal so i dont want ot loose any pounds really. Last time I checked, I weighed 122 pounds and I am 5'9. I am perfectly happy at that weight, but the thing is, it's almost impossible to loose any fat in my stomache. i need to loose 2 inches off of my stomache because of modeling and such. When i feel my stomache, it's all flab, no muscle tone whatesoever. If you look at me, I look thin, but if I could just get my stomache right, that would be great.

I have tried walking and situps but I ended up going down to 119 and I didn't like how thin my legs and how small my boobs were getting. My stomache only went down only a little bit. It seems like everything I eat goes straight to my stomache which is weird because most girls have it go to their hips right?

Anyway, if you guys could tell me any way to get rid of the fat in my belly, and inches without actually having to burn calories all over, that would be great, if actually possible.

Will pilates help? I have been doing that everyday. I dropped two pounds, not too noticeable so it didnt bother me.

Also, I have a bone that kinda pops out in my shoulders. My mom really doesnt like it but I eat, so its not a sign of starvation. Will lifting weights get rid of that too?
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #2  

I have th same problem as you. I have lost weight all over and though my stomach has gotten flatter then before (I used to have a HUGE belly), I still dont have any muscle and its simply a layer of flab. I think its genetics. I cant lose any more weight and have just accepted my tummy.
Also, I read somewhere sitting and walking with your stomach sucked in will tone it and is equilavalent to a sit up--per Denise Richards. I tried it, buts its way too uncomfortable. Who knows! Maybe some are just lucky than others.
ILUVFOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Do you have any idea what your body fat percentage is? I'd highly recommend getting that measured.

I think if you worked on building muscle, that would help you a lot. Maybe your legs wouldn't look so thin, your breasts would have a firm foundation and you could lose excess fat, hopefully from your tummy. Although I do weights because it build my metabolism, those that are thinner can use weight lifting to reshape their body.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

At 5' 9" and 122 pounds, you are below your healthy BMI range. You are at 18, and a healthy range is 18.5 to 24.9. I suspect that to get to your current weight, you had to lose muscle mass in addition to losing fat.

I agree with Nelie that you need to focus on gaining muscle. This may mean that you need to eat more (healthy foods, esp. lean protein, not junk) and gain some weight, in addition to weight training.

Women do tend to store fat in their stomach, there's nothing to be done about it. Also, abdominal muscles are rounded, not flat. The myth of the flat stomach is just that, a myth. But if the rest of you were filled out, I think this would help a lot with your stomach, it would look better in proportion to the rest of you. And as you build more muscle, you may find that you are losing the fat in your abdominal area.

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:27 PM   #5  

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue
At 5' 9" and 122 pounds, you are below your healthy BMI range. You are at 18, and a healthy range is 18.5 to 24.9. I suspect that to get to your current weight, you had to lose muscle mass in addition to losing fat.

I agree with Nelie that you need to focus on gaining muscle. This may mean that you need to eat more (healthy foods, esp. lean protein, not junk) and gain some weight, in addition to weight training.

Women do tend to store fat in their stomach, there's nothing to be done about it. Also, abdominal muscles are rounded, not flat. The myth of the flat stomach is just that, a myth. But if the rest of you were filled out, I think this would help a lot with your stomach, it would look better in proportion to the rest of you. And as you build more muscle, you may find that you are losing the fat in your abdominal area.

- Barbara
Yeah, I was starting to gain a little muscle when i was at 125 but i stopped working out for a little bit since it was summer and lost all of it.

I guess I should buy some weights when i go back to school shopping tommorrow. I know I am a little bit underweight. Im trying to tone up a bit and try to gain muscle. I thought pilates was going to help me but i lost weight. bleh this whole thing is so confusing.

I'll eat more (I usually eat breakfast, snack, and a big dinner) but if you guys could help me think of some good exercises to do, that would be good.
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:46 PM   #6  

It sounds like you may be a "skinny fat person", meaning that you have no muscle tone and you need gain muscle ... Pilates is very good but will not build muscle... the Krista Smash site is great for weight training tips ...
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 132/132/120

Height: 5'5

How old are you?
really the only thing that will build the muscle in your tummy is doing things such as sits up and crunches and ab work outs. It will help shred the fat and add some definition to them.
I agree with the weights, use them to do squats and lunges and SL deadlifts to work your legs
Nikki0711 is offline   Reply With Quote