Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #1  

Default Cardio Kickboxing Gloves

I'm hoping there are some ladies out there that might be able to help me. I have started taking a cardio kickboxing class and I need some gloves, there seem to be a million kinds out there and not much info on any of them.

The range of gloves used by other members in the class seems to go from just wraps all the way to full gloves. (just wraps doesn't seem like enough protection to me). We do work out with the bag in class but there is no person to person contact. I have been using some of the gym's boxing gloves but they are way too big and make your hands sweat, as they don't breath at all. So if any one out there has some recommendation I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,
LadyHLG
LadyHLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:09 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

You can get bag gloves - if that's all you hit, then they should be fine.

They are quite thin and usually leather and padded around the knuckle area. Unfortunately sweating into gloves is a stinky bi-product of boxing!

Although you can hit a bag with bare hands - if you are hitting hard you need some bag gloves. Some days I use my bare hands, some days I do bag mitts and others I like to whack it to pieces with my boxing gloves - although you don't feel the impact as much with boxing gloves. By that I mean that there is more padding, so you don't get the "feel" of the hit rather than that boxing gloves protect your hands more.

Hope that made sense
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:22 AM   #3  

2frustrated Thanks for the reply!
Do you wear the wraps too?
LadyHLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:45 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Nope, they just take too long to put on!

One guy I know does, well sometimes. I think if I was properly boxing I would, but since I kickbox, then it's not like I'm using my fists all the time
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote