Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-31-2006, 08:35 AM   #1  
wanna be loser

S/C/G: 200

Height: 5 ft 4

Default The Laziest one

I know exercise makes me feel awesome when I get into the groove of it but getting there is my biggest challenge. I HATE exercise and will procrastinate and procrastinate, minding some good reasons not to exercise.

Argh! If I could just tell myself to shut up and get out...I'd be exercising. Should be doing that right now!!!
ladyadonia31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You are righter than you think ... but you aren't lazy .... that's a negative thought and you must stop that!

Ya just have to get up and do it. I don't care if it's 15 minutes of dancing with your kids in front of the TV. Move ... just move!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:59 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I like to lie to myself - Brain, we are just going to run this 10th of a mile, then we can have a little break. Oh sorry, did I say just till 3.1 miles, no I meant 3.2 miles, sorry about that. Did I say we'd walk at 3.2? Sorry I meant 3.5, my bad!!!

So perhaps say to yourself - well I'm just going to put my workout gear on and stand in front of the mirror to see how it looks. Then say to yourself, "Well I'll just go to the gym to see who's on reception today, we'll maybe poke our noses in to see if the cute trainer's around." I suppose while you're there you might as well get on the eliptical for a few seconds, so you don't look silly walking in just to check the trainer out! See how it goes....?
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:33 AM   #4  

I have been trying to make a daily to do list using some of the flylady methods. It makes me feel good to look around at my accomplishments and if I have a check list, with exercise on it, I have more of a tendency to get it done. You have to schedule time for yourself to help keep life business at bay. By putting it in writing I make it a commitment to myself.
GoingGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

I know how you feel, but I'll tell you, I didn't get to my current weight without the exercise, maybe that will help motivate you!Check out my ticker:
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote