Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Default My Knees Hurt

I posted this on a Curves forum but haven't gotten any replies. So I thought I'd try here. When I do the squat machines, my knees hurt. I went to Curves on Monday and today is Wednesday, and they hurt. Should I continue doing this machine? I actually love it because I feel it in my butt and thighs and think it's working. But it's a killer on my knees.

Thanks for your suggestions.

FenwayPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #2  
DIVA

First ask one of the assistants at curves to watch you on that machine and they will tell you how to correct your body. I was pushing my knees past my toes and my posture was wrong and it was causing my knees to hurt.

Try that first - if that doesn't work I would give that machine a rest for a few days.

Good Luck!
Curves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #3  

The first couple of times I used the machine I was screwing up my back, and dreaded coming around to that machine. But then a trainer watched me and showed me how to do it properly. I've had no problems since. So definitely ask one of the trainers at Curves to watch you do it.

Good luck!
fruitster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:50 PM   #4  

I had been doing it wrong also and it killed my knees. The assistant told me to stick my bottom out and push up. I know that sound weird but it really makes a difference to have your feet and rear postioned correctly.

Andrea
ldodgejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/149/130

thats the one machine that i cannot do. i always skip that one. it is way to bulky for me. so i usually double up on either the one before or after it depending on if their is someone behind me or in front of me...
sheilamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:58 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Another lady at our curves says it hurts her knees also so she just stands with her toes on it and her heels hanging off and just flexs up and down...

But def. ask an assistant at curves
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #7  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

I agree ask one of the trainers to watch you just to make sure u d it right. I didnt do it right, I went down way to FAR,,,,hurt my back.

if it keeps up and you are doing it right,,, question would be WHY is it hurting do you have Arthritis in youre Knees? Maybe visit the doctor and have him check it out. I know my hips killed me the first few weeks thanx to arthritis.... now they getting good on it. They are USE to being used in that way.
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote