Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #1  
Tori

S/C/G: 166/153/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Anyone use Tony Little's Gazelle Edge Trainer?

I want to buy a small ellipitcal machine for my house to supplement my curves workouts. Is this machine okay? I know it is not fancy but does it work?

Thanks in advance..
tori34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #2  

I have one, but I haven't had the chance to use it very much. We bought it just before we moved and I used it a couple times and we just got it set up in our new house and I've only used it once.

I have heard a lot of people that have used it and lost lots of weight. Of course, these people were really out of shape to begin with, so any movement at all would probably have given them the same results.

When I use it, it doesn't seem nearly as difficult as the elliptical at the gym, but I definitely think it's better than nothing on my off from gym days. Probably about as effective as walking, would be my guess, just from the feel of it.

If you lean forward when doing it, it seems to work out your arms/upper body a lot more.

I don't really have room for a treadmill or a bigger elliptical, so I figure the Gazelle is better than nothing.
hellcatjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:42 AM   #3  
Rejoice in the Lord

I had a Gazelle Elite and didn't like it. I found it very difficule to get my heartrate up at all and it hurt my ankles and knees. I gave it to my MOM and she is having a problem with getting her HR up as well. But some people really like it.

Good luck!
drakesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:01 PM   #4  

It helped me to shed 22 lbs! Of course I watched what I ate but without I'm sure I wouldn't have lost as much.
Organicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #5  
Love to Ride :-D

Height: 5'4" (shrinking - eeek!)

Default Gazelle Power Pro & Crosstrainer DVD

Got my Gazelle....been using it faithfully for a couple of weeks now. Can REALLY see the difference!

Also bought the Tony Little Gazelle Crosstraining DVD
(from www.tonylittle.com). It comes with the Crosstraining Gazelle sold on HSN, but it can be used with any Gazelle model. Tony is sooooo inspirational in a nice quiet-kind of way....and you get a SUPER work-out with it! I was trying to Gazelle by myself while waiting for the DVD and it just wasn't the same. Once I got the DVD I really started getting into the program. Now I can last thru half of the advanced part...then after a cool-down I sit on my ball and do weights through the rest of his program, using his music & motivation.

I'd recommend the Gazelle to ANYONE.....especially since I've been an exercise-flunkie for life. This is the very first time I've been able to stick with a work-out and enjoy it at the same time.
flsunbakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:39 PM   #6  
Being lazy is easier!

S/C/G: 224/216/170

Height: 5' 7"

I bought a Gazelle a few years ago (one of the basic ones without the cupholder or pistons, but with the mini-computer to track time/mph/etc).
It was easy to use and it did get my heart going, but I found that I didn't have the determination (for lack of a better word) to force myself to do it on a regular basis. Eventually it became another place to hang clothes.
I gave it to my mom, since she has bad knees, but she says that it makes her dizzy (she also has an inner-ear equilibrium prob, which may cause the dizziness) and she didn't want it anymore.
I think if you could get yourself on it every day/every other day, it would do you some good. Its great for those days you can't/don't want to go to the gym, or if you are like me, are addicted to a certain TV show that you MUST WATCH!
amykay9377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:55 PM   #7  

I found things like the Gazelle only really helped me when I had knee surgeries & had to find some way to burn off excess energy without stressing my knee or bending (yes, I've used a glider with an immobilizer on ). They really don't offer that much resistance and so much of the movement would happen from gravity anyways, once you swing your leg out. It just seemed like it used more momentum then calories for me & at the time, I was around 275 & far from being in shape. I'd say if you can find one to use second hand, give it try; but if you're paying full price, you might want to look into something that will challenge you longer & grow with as you become more fit. If you want something simple to do at home, Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds videos are a great option...plus they don't take up much space to speak of.
christineu is offline   Reply With Quote