Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #1  
PrestonsMama

S/C/G: 253/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Repost from Support - Can it hurt?

Can it hurt me to go to the gym every day? I joined a gym two weeks ago and I am loving it! The first week I went 3 times out of 7 days and the days I didn't go, I really missed it and wanted to go (things didn't work out with Dr. appointments & such). This week, I have gone twice already and aiming to go again tomorrow. So far what I've been doing is a 5-10 min stretch, 20-30 min on the elliptical for my cardio burning about 200-350 calories, and then picking a body part for the day to work out (I'd especially like to rid of pp belly and hips) lifting weights. I dont do the same weights each day (one day arms, one day chest, etc.) Afterward I get in the whirlpool for 10 min to relax and then I go get Preston from the daycare. Altogether it takes me about an hour to an 1 1/2 hrs. My husband is concerned that I may over do it. But I don't think I am. I really like what I am doing and I don't hurt -- I'm a little sore depending on what area I focused on for the day, but more refreshed and energized than anything. I was just thinking that if I don't have any reason NOT to go, then why not? What do you think?
PrestonsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

No it shouldn't hurt but if you are doing weights you shoudl alternate legs and arms so you don't over do it.

Cardio daily is excellent.

just be careful of burn out and don't beat yourself up if you can't make a day here and there.
Otherwise enjoy and be healthy!
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:37 PM   #3  

Sounds like you've found a source of great positivity and pride. As long as you're not excessively sore the next day ie not limping or favoring a body part due to pain, I think you could enjoy this phase of your training.

I often find that it gets harder after the novelty wears off. That's when I include other, fitness but not gym-related activities ie mountain biking etc.
boarderchick is offline   Reply With Quote