Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-29-2005, 01:14 PM   #1  

Default Urban Rebounder

I ordered my urban rebounder yesterday. I am so excited to get it. They say it should be here with in 2 weeks. I was just wondering if it works as well and is as fun as it looks on t.v. I have some of the older tae-bo tapes but they seem to bother my knee and ankle. Any information would be great.
Cassandra B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:30 PM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

FINALLY!!!! I've been rebounding for about 3-4 months and absolutely love it! (I just can't run or jog, the impact kills my old knees) I can get my HR up high enough and sustain for a longer period with no joint/back pain doing an aerobic routine. I use it in an interval training routine and am up to about 20-24 mins of intense cardio time (about 80% max HR). I do it about 5-6X per week.

I still use the stabilizer bar (as I am a clutz and I can see me losing my balance). I don't like the DVDs that cam with it, but use some good old hard rock music.

I've been changing my lifestyle since mid. Jan and have lost 5 inches in my waist and 4 inches off each thigh. My legs, calves have good shape.

I leave mine open in the dining room, the cats nap on it when I'm not using it.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 05:52 PM   #3  

Darn it Marble, your posts really make me want to dust the cat hair off and start bouncing again. It was just too hot and muggy, even with AC, and I really need to get the stability bar. (I had almost decided what I REALLY needed was a Gazelle, but I'm not sure how I could convert it into a cat toy if it doesn't "take".)

Cassandra, don't let my post discourage you. I have a friend who likes the rebounder so much she bounces every day. I'm just one of those people who sweats like a pig, and it turns out that bouncing causes stress incontinence in my case, so I was pretty well drenched from head to toe. I'm also a little too easily discouraged sometimes.

Enjoy!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:03 PM   #4  

Thanks for the replies. I tracked my order today and it has been shipped. It came with the compilation #1 DVD. I ordered the gym model. I am a BIGGER person and thought I could use the extra support. hehehe!! The gym model doesnt come the with stability bar. You can order it but I guess I will try it with out it.

I used to have a gazelle but for some reason it made the bottom my feet burn. (does that sound too weird?) Not sure why but.... Anyway, I ended up giving it away and now I kinda regret it.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:28 PM   #5  

Cassandra, I'm watching coverage of Katrina, and hope all is well with you. I think they just said it was heading towards Atlanta. New Orleans seems to be quite a mess, with houses suddenly under water after the storm had mainly passed. I don't know if the levees are breached or not. Take care of yourself!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:31 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla49
Cassandra, I'm watching coverage of Katrina, and hope all is well with you. I think they just said it was heading towards Atlanta. New Orleans seems to be quite a mess, with houses suddenly under water after the storm had mainly passed. I don't know if the levees are breached or not. Take care of yourself!

We are about 40 miles south of the city of Atlanta. We are under a tornado watch right now but all seems calm right this min. Thanks for thinking of us. My husband is terrified of storms!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:17 AM   #7  

Cassandra, you probably have a sense of balance and won't need the stability bar. I am a true clutz...and feel *safer* if I can rest a hand on it. I got mine from HSN, it was 150. with the bar, bag, 2 DVDs and the bar. It is VERY sturdy and gives a great cardio workout, I'm managing 20 mins. a day (and sweat dripping off my nose like I'm running). ( I break up the time into sets with my favorite music, alternate with wt. work) When I first started, I could only do 3-5 mins. You can order different DVDs from Collage Video, but I find the yellow-haired man annoying to watch.

The only thing I recommend is a sturdy, strong sports bra and to use the restroom before you start. This seems to be the best way for me to get strong aerobic work in without killing my knees and back....and I can actually see my waistline returning!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:34 AM   #8  

I'd love to be able to have an Urban Rebounder. If I get one more piece of exercise equipment the next thing in the mail will be divorce papers........But it looks like so much fun......Oh and that Yoga Booty Ballet looks like great fun too.....just my 2 cents...
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:49 AM   #9  

shhhh, it folds in 1/2 and the legs fold in...it really WILL fit under the bed/couch. the bar slides off and apart...
Old 08-31-2005, 04:55 PM   #10  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I'm very keen on my rebounder!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:59 PM   #11  

My rebounder came in today. Ordered it on Sunday and it came in on Wednesday. Not too bad! But.... here is the kicker... I some how managed to throw out my back. Went to the Dr. today and was put on pain killers and muscle relaxers. It always seems when I get a burst of good attitude something bad happens to me. Oh well, I cant wait to get started!
Old 09-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #12  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Default Aw, Man!

Cassandra, I hope your back is feeling better!! I know what you mean about a burst of good attitude and then something happens - happened to me last year with my foot, and I ended up sitting all summer in a recliner gaining weight!

Let us know how your back is!

Lesley
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:18 PM   #13  

Hey everyone. My back is doing lots better. Those muscle relaxers really work. I did have a small set back at work today. I was sitting on the edge of my chair (it rolls) and leaned over to pick some paper up off the floor and there goes my chair flying across the room and ofcourse me in the floor. There I am wiggling like a worm trying to get up before anyone saw me. It was actually kinda funny.

As far as a burst of good attitude...I had one once before and lost 60 pounds in like 3 months. (This was Dr. supervised thing) I lost the weight sooo fast that I got gallstones and had my gallbladder out. While recovering I started craving chocolate milkshakes. Go figure....

oh well... Im getting back on track and thats what matters.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:41 AM   #14  

I was able to work out on my rebounder today. I am soo excited. I have to admit it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. You think just bouncing wouldnt be hard but I can sure tell my legs are gonna be major sore. But I guess thats the point, right? I think I am gonna see if the hubby will walk around the block with the doggies tonight.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #15  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I have a question about the rebounder. Ive been thinking about it for a while, what I want to know...does it cause things to jiggle in the house when you bounce on it? When I walk across the floor too fast, or step heavily the wood stove rattles, the lamps jiggle...get the picture ? So, if any of you ladies have a house that does this, does it still jiggle when you bounce on the rebounder?
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote