Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-02-2005, 10:06 PM   #1  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Default Underarm jiggle..lol

What exercise firms underarm jiggle?Also,I know crunches firm upper abs,but what about lower abs?When i lost 95 pounds before,I still had a small belly,but didnt exercise my lower abs,because i didnt know what to do for them.Thanks
snapplegirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:37 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

There is no such thing as spot reducing certain places on our bodies. But what you can do is weight train and as you lose fat with proper nutrition the muscles will show through and this will lessen the jiggle you have under your arms...

From what I understand the abdominal muscle is one long muscle and there is no lower or upper abs... I'll try to find the information for y ou tomorrow, unless someone can answer it sooner... I'm just too tired to look for it right now...

TTFN
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:57 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

I just went to Krista Smash's site and found this information on abdominals...This is a great site read through it ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:16 AM   #4  
Proud Mommy

Thanks!I will go check it out
Old 11-03-2005, 06:03 AM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I know a nice exercise that "burns" the lower abs more than the upper abs. Lie on your back in a crunch starting position. Find something to hold onto with your arms that's behind your head (a partner's ankles are a good choice). Straighten your legs out so they are parallel with the floor, keep them about 1" from the floor. Then lift your legs straight up so they are at 90 degrees to your body, keep your legs straight while you do this. Lower your legs to 1" above the floor and repeat.

I feel this more in my lower abs than anywhere else. I also find it really difficult, so don't get bummed if you can't do more than 5!! Saying that, some people can really go for it with these!

But... even though you feel the burn in the lower ab region, I'm with Ilene when she says you can't spot reduce. You can build muscle and you can lose fat, but if you did 1000 crunches every day, you wouldn't have a flat stomach and flabby everywhere else!

Last edited by 2frustrated; 11-03-2005 at 06:12 AM.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:55 PM   #6  

Hello don't know if you will still read this but here is something to do for the jiggle.
RAISE A SMALL WEIGHT (3 LBS) up behind your head bending the elbow only, raise the weight up and down from you sholders up. I hope I explained that well enough. My Hubby Is an athletic Director and I asked him this same question a few months aga. It works
4gr8kdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #7  
Proud Mommy

Thanks.I think i get it.Will have to give it a try.How long did you do this until you saw results for?
Old 11-05-2005, 11:49 PM   #8  
one leg press at a time

For the triceps, you can do kickbacks, overhead/French press, tricep dips, trice p pushups. Another one that is really good, is to take a yoga brick (or book) and raise arms overhead as if to do French press and push hard on the brick as you lower behind your hread. One very important note on this move as well as overhead/French press is to not extend your elbows out to the side, but rather straight ahead, then push the brick and lower just behind your head til you feel tension and push toghether and slowly raise back up.
To really get rid of the fat on the area though, you have to increase your cardio to burn the fat. The above excercises though will help to strengthen the muscle.
Firmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 10:25 PM   #9  
Proud Mommy

Thanks everyone
Old 11-22-2005, 07:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'll second the tricep kickbacks. I finished mine over an hour ago and they still feel warm.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:54 PM   #11  
Working My Way Back Down

Ah, but it's certainly one of the hardest places to get shaped up. I have decent triceps in there - I can do kickbacks with 20# dbs - but getting that overlaying fat to leave is a struggle. I really appreciated the muscles though when schlepping my suitcases all over on vacation last spring.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote