Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-28-2006, 08:14 AM   #46  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wow, congratulations on your certificate! That's super!

Even with just logging my last 14 days I am 15% of the way toward my bronze medal so I will just have to work hard and do all my exercise all over again.

Yes, the pedometer is a great help!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:14 PM   #47  
ooooh... sparkly!

S/C/G: 236/226/135

Height: 5'4"

that's my next goal... to join at the next level, and earn points for medals.

just curious... do you wear your pedometer all day, and log steps from work or other tasks? or only when you're specifically exercising? i'm trying to judge how i should do it...
watch_it_break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:13 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by watch_it_break View Post

just curious... do you wear your pedometer all day, and log steps from work or other tasks? or only when you're specifically exercising? i'm trying to judge how i should do it...
I bought an Omron HJ-112 from amazon.com and it registers both. So I log both the total steps (and yes I wear it all day) and also the aerobic steps and how many minutes. So I keep track and log my pedometer steps total but only count as minutes of exercise what shows on the aerobic setting.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:41 PM   #49  

I decided to try to figure out how much work I would have to do to get my 750 point maximum for a day. LOL I am now 22 points away from it... less than 5 more minutes on my exercise bike, which I can easily do.

I posted everything now that I can back to 10/15 and am at 21%. LOL I also compared myself to others in my categories but it does not make sense the way it says it... I could not figure out how to make it read right... oh well... this is really good for me to have something new to focus on and play with.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 10-29-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:25 AM   #50  
ooooh... sparkly!

S/C/G: 236/226/135

Height: 5'4"

Misti: thanks for the info! i like the looks of that pedometer... might have to see if i can get my hands on one.
watch_it_break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:12 AM   #51  

There is a link on 3FC somewhere... not sure where... that if you click on and buy the pedometer through amazon.com (I could not find it locally) 3FC gets credit for the sale I think.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:24 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 298/268/150

Height: 5'0"

Boy glad I found this group. I just joined up.
TeresaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #53  

I joined up today - this sounds like fun!
luja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #54  

Hi everyone! I've been gone for quite a while so was not logging my points! Drat! Oh well.. but I am back and am about 8800 points away from earning my silver award. I did not order the bronze one... was planning to but now I think I will just wait until I get the silver and order both at once.

How is everyone doing? I notice it has been a while since anyone posted here. Let's get moving!!!

Sue
Old 06-08-2007, 08:02 PM   #55  
Diane

S/C/G: 180/170/145

Default I'm there

Hi Sue

I joined today. I think that this could be fun.
littlerozzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:10 AM   #56  

HI Diane! Yay glad you joined! Yes, it is fun. Which type of award did you sign up for? I am working for the medals... heading toward my silver one. It is amazing how the points add up!!!

Teresa and Luja, I see you have joined up recently too. Good for you! Go go go!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #57  
Diane

Hi Misti

I signed up for the middle one. I beleive it is the intermediate one. I have to go there now to enter my walk/jog for this morning. I need to familurize myself more with the site .

take care

Diane
Old 06-09-2007, 11:41 AM   #58  

Hi Diane

I love the site... it is neat that I can also get a few points for doing housework... sometimes I end up going to do stuff so I can get my maximum points for the day.

There is an Active Lifestyle one which a lot of people start out with. Then the Presidential Champions which is the middle one and the one I assume you meant. That is the one I am doing too. I earned the bronze but never ordered it but now I am getting close to the silver... about 6000 more points to go... so will just wait and order both at once.

I look forward to hearing your progress. It's really a neat thing to do and good to keep us challenged!

Sue
Old 06-10-2007, 09:45 AM   #59  
Diane

Hi everyone

Misti- Your right that is the one that I signed up for. I just logged my morning walk and I am 3% to my goal.

take care

Diane
Old 06-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #60  

Good for you, Diane! You will be happy to see how quickly that percentage thingie rises. And sometimes I go do a bit of housework or exercise just to make it go up a point! I like this one because housework counts, ha! Also at night if I am just a few points from making my 750 daily maximum, I can go do a few things to make it.

It is more fun for me now too that others have signed up. When I go to the comparison chart for 3FC now it shows six people in our group instead of just three.

For my walking... when I wear my pedometer... I count the aerobic steps as time walked and then subtract those steps from the total and add in the other steps as "pedometer" steps. That way I can count them ALL without cheating.

Diane, what types of exercise do you do? It is fun to have someone here to share with!!

Sue