Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 11:04 PM   #1  
Ilene the Bean

Smile Exercise Accountability #19- - October '05

Wow another month ... Next thing you know we'll be in the month of December and all that food! How are we going to burn those extra calories? We're going to start NOW by getting into a routine of working out daily!

So.... What's on the agenda for exercise? For me, well I'll be running a 10k first thing in the morning. I love this time of year for running and doing stuff outside... How 'bout YOU!!
Old 10-02-2005, 02:31 AM   #2  
Hanging in Texas

I'm new here, and I just joined the presidents challenge also. I have been walking in the morning after I get off work (work graveyard shift at police department). I haven't yet made it a habit but I plan to make it one this month. Thats my goal.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #3  
Cynical RedHead

Yesterday I took a 45 minute pilates class and a one-hour step aerobics class.

My exercise goal for October is to incorporate weight-lifting 3x weekly. I am supposed to start today, but got called into work. I should still be able to get something in when i get home. I will let you all know tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:07 PM   #4  
Me&nephew super heros

Welcome Pam..
My goals for october is to stick to exercising the last three weeks I have really sucked at it starting tomorrow I am going to get back to it.. I want to do at least 300minutes a week..
Old 10-02-2005, 10:55 PM   #5  

I have been MIA for a week due my child being in hospital. I paced the hallways but it wasn't near the exercise I needed!! However, I am sure I burned quite a few calories being up for 72 hours straight...oh, parenting. My Momma never told me it would be this hard lol.

Back at my exercise today, 50 minute walk. I have a bit of a cold so I will keep it to walking for the next few days. My goal, once my life settles into its normal rhythm with everyone healthy and well - get back to my 1.5 hours/movement per day.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:00 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Monday -- LEGS and cardio, today I will do the bike at the gym...
Old 10-03-2005, 12:28 PM   #7  

Bike - 30 minutes
Walk - 20 minutes
Old 10-03-2005, 01:14 PM   #8  
Cynical RedHead

okay - i was right - by the time i got home sunday all i did was eat
the worst part is, i was telling myself to not eat so much because i didn't work out, and another part of me was telling myself how freakin' starving i was.

But, today is the start of a new, successful week! I made it to the gym this morning and took a 45-minute total body conditioning class (it is low-weight/high-rep lifting for arms/legs, as well as some ab/glute work).

I hope everyone has a happy week! Happy new year to any other Jewish persons on the board!
Old 10-04-2005, 05:46 AM   #9  
Me&nephew super heros

Janaya- Hope your baby is doing better...

Monday- 50minutes of treadmill (at the moment this seems to be all I can make myself do for an hr lol)
Old 10-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

Fishwoman -- Was your Monday new start day good? Please share...

Tuesday -- chest triceps, bike to gym, 5k run this afternoon...
Old 10-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #11  

30 minutes elliptical
20 minutes walking

Heather - yes, thank you, my baby is much better. She was diagnosed with asthma....sad! We all seem to have a virus that is affecting our respiration so no wonder it hit her double hard if she is asthmatic.

What do the rest of you do when you are ill? I am just trying to go gently but still keep moving. Hopefully that won't prolong the problem but rather get this cold over with quickly! Fishwoman, how did your Monday go?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:06 PM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

Jenaya...When I'm not feeling well I usually take some time off 2-3 days, then I gradually reintroduce exercise...Happy to hear your baby is feeling better.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:47 PM   #13  
Cynical RedHead

Yesterday wasn't too bad. I did gain 2 pounds from last week though

I kept my calories under 1600 (but ate 1500 of them after 6:30 at night).

I managed to eat b'fast today - but will not make it to the gym until after work. But i WILL go!!!

Jenaya - if i am fever sick, i will not work out for a day or two. If i just have a cold, or cramps, or whatever, i either push through it, or, more typically, just do something very low impact (walking, or stretching, something very easy).
Old 10-04-2005, 12:49 PM   #14  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishWoman
I kept my calories under 1600 (but ate 1500 of them after 6:30 at night).
What!!?? ... Eating 1500 calories after 6:30pm may be why you are gaining weight. 1600 cals/day is a very good amount but in order to lose weight you must separate that into 5-6 meals to keep your insulin levels even and you won't be starving when your next meal comes around. Eating regularly keeps your metabolism burning calories and fat. Do you not eat breakfast, snacks, lunch?? When you are eating your calories in one meal you are ravenous and will eat everything in sight. PLUS your body will keep those calories to hoard because your body thinks you are going to starve it again for another 20 hours....
Old 10-04-2005, 01:18 PM   #15  
Swing dancer in training

Been MIA for about a week. New and trying my best to get to emailing. Sunday was a okay workout with Cathe's Circuit Max. Didn't have the energy though. Seems to be zapped out of me. Yesterday was the Firm's new calorie burner video. Off tonight, going to a Taste of the Town for work. Maybe trouble.
Closed Thread