Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-10-2005, 05:47 PM   #1  
KitKatBahr

S/C/G: 285/229/145

Height: 5 ft, 7 in.

Default Does anyone do Tae Kwon Do for exercise? I just signed up today...

Does anyone do Tae Kwon Do along with Curves for Women?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I started back with Curves about 3 weeks ago after a long break, about 6 months. Also, I joined a regular gym that has an indoor walking track, pool, etc. I walk at least a half mile a day, working up to a mile. Go to Curves min. 3 times a week. Then, if that wasn't enough, as of today, I also joined Tae Kwon Do with my son and husband (they joined four weeks ago and talked me into doing it). Those classes are 3-4 times a week for 1/2 hour and/or 45 min. depending on the class.

So, I was wondering what other people did for exercise, specifically, if anyone does Tae Kwon Do and how that works for you, how long you have been doing it, if you like it, etc.

Thanks.
Kathy
Merritt Island, FL

At one time (about 4 years ago) I weighed 285 at my top weight. I am currently at 233 lbs and hope to get down to about 160-180. Not too picky. My biggest goal is to just get HEALTHY!
kitkatbahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 01:50 PM   #2  

Hi, Kathy. I was in TaeKwonDo when I was little. I belonged with both of my parents. I ended up a 2nd degree brown belt, but I chose to quit when it was started to conflict with high school sports. It's such a great activity! It teaches so much in addition to physical activity. I truly believe that it will help you with motivation, determination, concentration, and so much more. Good for you for joining!!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:58 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

I don't do it but one of the gals that works for me does. She loves it, feels better than ever and also feels more confidient because she feels that she can physically control her environment.

It took her about six months to get her results, but she only started out once a week and now goes twice.....
Rowan Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 12:05 PM   #4  
KitKatBahr

S/C/G: 285/229/145

Height: 5 ft, 7 in.

Thanks for your responses! I am going to be attending approx. 4-5 times a week, so I hope to not only get results physically (and mentally!) but to learn this stuff too. It's a lot of fun. I'm really enjoying it. I've had 3 classes so far.

I am also going to continue Curves 3 times a week and walk everyday if possible. I just ordered so tae bo tapes too, including Tae Bo for kids which I thought my son would enjoy doing with me.

I am really serious about getting this weight off. I used to be 285 lbs about 4 years ago. Then, I left my husband, got a divorce and dropped 40 lbs in a year just by changing my lifestyle and eating a bit better. After that, I dropped some more weight when I quit eating red meat. I am now down to about 235 and the scale is just sitting at that number + or - a couple of pounds either way, depending on time of month, etc. for over a year. I am eating really, really good and have been for a long time. My biggest problem is eating enough, as I only eat when I actually feel hungry and am not taking in enough calories. I think my body needs more than what I am giving it. Plus, I really needed to get more active, thus the Tae Kwon Do and rejoining Curves.

I'm hoping to get down to about 160 - 180 or so. A size 10 or 12 would suit me fine. Currently I am at an 18 and they seem a bit loose on me, but 16's arestill tight. Hmmmmm...LOL My main goal is to be happy, healthy and FIT!

Thanks for your comments!
Kathy B.
Merritt Island, Fl
kitkatbahr is offline   Reply With Quote