Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-18-2006, 05:03 PM   #46  

WOW!!!!
Everyone is doing SO good! I just started the nutrition classes on Tuesday. I think it will give me a boost and help keep me focused. We are getting ready to start a survivor game at our Curves. I don't know much about it yet but it's starting to sound like it will be loads of fun.
Sometimes I feel like I'm getting a VERY good workout at curves (sweating, huffing and puffing) and other times I don't. I finally figured out that if there are alot of girls there that I know...we talk too much. Oh well...we have fun anyway.
Keep Curvin girls
TJ
gardenwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #47  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

oh sounds like Fun!!

We gonna start a Nutrition/Diet class not sure when wish they would hurry up lol ! I could use the help!!
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:32 AM   #48  

That survivor challenge sounds fun.

I went to Curves on the way home yesterday....even though I had a quilting group meeting in the evening....that is sort of a big deal for me...because in the past...I would use anything as an excuse to not go ....then I'd get out of a routine....and blah, blah , blah...you know the rest of the story. Lesson learned.....you can always fit Curves in...no matter what else you have going on.
Kimquilts55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:12 AM   #49  

Default Anyone drinking the Curves shakes?

I am doing the 6 week challenge and can't seem to get that shake down. Anyone else having the same problem?
ldodgejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:13 AM   #50  

I went to cuves today after missing a few days last week. I've been undergoing chiropractic therapy everyday and my doctor advised me to only do treadmill or elipticals so I went to Bally's last week.

I can't say how happy I was to be back to curves. Everyone is so friendly, nice and supportive of me there. I had been thinking of switching to bally's for a better workout but now I'm realizing that curves is so much more to me then just a workout!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:32 PM   #51  

Hello everyone
Curves is the place for me!!
Andrea - I am doing the nutrition classes too. I haven't even tried the shake yet. I keep forgetting. I do need to try it though because I'm having trouble getting enough protien.
Valerie Joy - I fell exactly the same way!
Keep Curving Girls
TJ
Old 01-26-2006, 10:46 AM   #52  

Can you give me any info. on the diet plan? I have the original plan and I'm not sure if this is the same plan or if its something new that I should try. I haven't had any shakes yet although it is mentioned as a free food and I should have every day. Maybe I need to get it.
prettynpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:59 PM   #53  
Big Momma!

K i got messured today Not the results I wanted but I guess I didnt put this weight on in one month!

- 1 inch lost
- 3 1/2 lbs lost
- .5% BF lost
- 2 lbs lost on BF allone
Overall I guess I am alright with this.
I havent startet any Diet/Nutrition class yet, but hopefully will start soon, and then I will start with the 'real" diet .... with DA SHAKE!!

I was told to put fruits in the shake it will make it better......and that the chocolate is better
Old 01-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #54  

Hey Jasmin, Sounds like you did great. 2 lbs of fat gone! I have often wondered what the other lb, is though. When they tell me I have lost 3 or 4 lbs. but I only lost 1 or 2 lbs. of fat??? What is the rest? Is it water, muscle, or what?
Sorry for rambling.
Pretty in Pink, The plan is basicly 1200 calories the first week and 1600 after that. Low carbs and higher protien.
Have a great time curving.
TJ
Old 01-26-2006, 11:25 PM   #55  

Default Hi ladies

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I have been to curves only once last wk and once this wk. but I will be going in the am. I am also still going to Bally's and working w/personal trainer. It's been great. I do miss the ladies at curves. I can't wait to get measured and weighed(officially) on the 7th of Feb. I weigh myself on th 24th and I was down 1lb. during my TOM, which is great. I hope you all have a great wkend.
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:35 PM   #56  

Hey there. Feeling pretty good. Did not follow the plan too strickly this week and still dropped some weight. Need to really focus on it. I actually found the first week good. Overall my energy has improved and people tell me I look better and can notice a difference. Might be all the extra water.

Re Shakes - I made one with some frozen raspberries, milk and the powder and it was awesome - like a chocolate covered raspberry candy from the box of candy my husband brought home on the first day I started this (GRRR...did use self control but it was HARD).

Have to focus now that some carbs are coming back in. Need to work on a good formula for B L D that won't throw me off track.

Have to start exercising more - going to shoot for 3-4 times curves, something else for 1/2 hr on the other days. Been reading Dr. Oz's book as well.

Good luck to all....Sue
InLimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:03 PM   #57  
Big Momma!

lol yeah what is that other lb I lost lol hahahah Not sure but as long as the Boobs dont go I am ok

yeah Iam gonna try the shake thing, I heard good things about it ...cant hurt to try it.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:31 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Hello all! I am new to this thread. I joined Curves on the 16th of this month. I really love it. I can get in & get out. I am trying to go 5x a week. I hope I see results when I get measured next month!!!

carafre
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:47 PM   #59  

Default Just started and loving it

I did the one-week free trial at my local Curves a couple of weeks ago. I joined last Friday. I have really enjoyed it thus far (I've done 5 workouts). I love the fact that there's no men and no mirrors, everyone is very nice and supportive, and I really work out (sweating, get my heart rate up, put lots of effort in) without feeling at all self-conscious. I'm actually excited to go back. I hope I will still like it as much in a few months...I'll let ya'll know.
Oreily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Next week will mark my first full month at Curves! I also will be measured again. I don't think I've lost any weight, but I think I've lost inches. Anyone else had this happen? I hope the scale moves soon!

carafre
carafre is offline   Reply With Quote