Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #16  
Ilene the Bean

Susan -- Goals when you are slacking or not feeling like exercising is a great idea...

Today I did legs and biked 18k...
Old 08-09-2005, 06:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ilene , I believe God put you on Earth to make me feel like a weenie little woman. 18k????!!!!! I do 10 and think I'm supermom or something.
I'm going ... now ... right now.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:29 PM   #18  

Ilene - I too, am quite impressed. Makes the 2.23 miles that I went on the elliptical rider today seem like small potatoes...hold the phones...I did do 2 miles on the treadmill and 20 minutes of weights!!! I wish that I could bottle the feeling that I get when I do workout, and stock pile it for when I need motivation. Of course, then again, this site provides a tremendous amount of motivation especially all of you "exercise buffs" out there...You're fantabulous!!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:55 PM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I wish that I could bottle the feeling that I get when I do workout, and stock pile it for when I need motivation
If you find a way I will happily pay lots for a supply. I was sitting here all afternoon thinking about how I didn't want to go to the gym. Made myself anyway and once I got there I felt absolutely splendid and completely enjoyed myself. Why can't I remember that from one day to the next?
Old 08-09-2005, 09:02 PM   #20  

I'm new to the board, but I feel if I post here when I accomplish my workout then I'm going to be more apt to do it!

I worked out upper and lower body today and 20 minutes on the treadmill (until I got a big ole cramp )
Old 08-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #21  

I stepped out the door and DH the carpenter said "Can you help me with this for a minute?"
Two hours later ... it was dark
I'll do legs tomorrow
Old 08-09-2005, 11:11 PM   #22  
Ilene the Bean

Susan and Holly -- Your making me blush !! With time you will bring your exercise time up a bit too ... I've been at this for 20+ years now and in order to get the exercisers high that I like, I need to do more, PLUS I've gained 4# lately and I'm kicking the exercise up a notch ...

Today I ran for 1h07 don't know how far it was but I felt like I jogged all over freakin' town !!
Old 08-10-2005, 09:52 PM   #23  
Ilene the Bean

Today I worked chest and triceps and some easy hills on the treadmill for 30 minutes...
Old 08-11-2005, 02:23 PM   #24  

My week is going 'you know where' in the proverbial handbasket! I can't believe it! My new car is having a stereo installed. So here we are the 3 of us working with one vehicle. I've been home for almost and hour and in another hour I have to take someone somewhere and shortly thereafter pick someone up. Then if the dealership ever calls, I have to find someone (who I probably have to pick up) to take me to get my car! And of course today is the day I got called to work at 0700 hrs and they kept saying "I'm not sure when you can go home." My poor old husband (who had the only vehicle) had to call twice.
All this is interfering with my fitness plan
So ... since you're all thinking then why is she sitting at the computer? ... I'm going to throw all my shake stuff in the blender, go for a bike ride and ignore the dust bunnies. The car dealership can leave a message!
Old 08-11-2005, 02:48 PM   #25  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

YEAY!! Its been a while since ive been around, but hey!! Doesnt mean i stopped doing anythign!! Anyways, on Tuesday I joined a gym! I joined a gym (OMG not again)...but I actually like going to it ^_^. Its only $10 a month (+$5 for tanning wohoo).--Their whole thing is so the people who go there dont feel intimidated!... They even have a separate floor for people who want a quiet area!. Also...if anyone starts grunting, or having a bad attitude, they sound a really loud alarm and embarrass that person (bcause they are making people feel bad) :P ITs great!!!

Anyways, for my accountability: Today I spent 2 hours... O_O. 20 mins warm up on bike....9mins in the tanning booth...(snicker), then i did an Ab workout, then i did muscle build on legs (lots of knee work, i need them stronger so i can run soon) then i did 30 more minutes on the bike....and went home and waiting for the shower to be clear ;_; (does walking up the hill count from my parking spot ?) lol.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:27 PM   #26  

I'm feeling much better now. I biked five miles, did three sets each of calf raises and dead-lifts and my shake is delicious!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:32 PM   #27  
Working My Way Back Down

Good for you Susan!! I've been lack in reporting here, and not too good on exercise either. Sigh. I went to the gym on Mon and had a good UBWO, but no cardio. Today I have my stuff in the car, and hopefully the car will make the turn to the gym instead of home when I leave work. Can't trust myself to not just go home and veg - as that's the mood I'm in. I know if I can just get to the gym I'll be fine.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #28  
Ilene the Bean

Susan good for you for getting out there when everything goes to in a handbasket :thumb: The dust bunnies can wait, I know they do, cause they wait for me here ALL the time

Hey Luna welcome back...

This morning I ran for 30 mins, that's all I had time to do today, the rest of my day was filled with appointments...
Old 08-11-2005, 04:38 PM   #29  
Ilene the Bean

PAT, GET TO THE GYM !!!!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 04:57 PM   #30  
Working My Way Back Down

Yes, Mom! But I still have 4 hours at work to go...
Closed Thread