3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   7 weeks at the gym and no changes... pizza anyone? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/43958-7-weeks-gym-no-changes-pizza-anyone.html)

slimmingsi 08-08-2004 08:25 AM

they do say it takes 3 months for it to kick in fully and then it starts to drop off.

joank 08-18-2004 11:37 AM

Hi Everyone~
It has been a while. Since my computer died, it has been hard trying to find time at work to get on and post. I took a 'mental health day' today and I am home borrowing someones computer.
I hope everyone is doing well. I am hanging in there. No changes really. The scale says that i am anywhere from 188 to 191 on any given day. So, forget the scale! I am going to put that in the closet. I am going to keep pushing forward and see what happens.
I am going to treat myself tonight. I have been good for almost 3 months now and well, I want a break. So girls nite out to a bbq joint. I know, I know.... i will be paying for it later. But, since I am home, I am going to the gym and am going to do just a bit more so there is some balance somewhere.
Hope you are having a good week!
joan

Alissa Carpio 08-21-2004 10:15 AM

Hi Joan,

I can understand your frustration in not seeing the results you're looking for. It may seem like you're doing everything you can, but weight loss is about living smart, not hard. :)

You really have to keep track of what you're eating with a food log. This is the ONLY way you'll know what's going into your body, when, and in what amounts. You might be surprised once you write it down.

In regards to exercise, it is more important the intensity you are working out, not the frequency. Instead of just getting through that 45 minute cardio or weight session, concentrate on pushing your body to new limits during every workout. If your body isn't continually stressed beyond the point of comfort, it's not going to change its composition.

Hope this helps... hang in there.

Alissa

lessofsarahtolove 08-21-2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joank
Hi Everyone~
It has been a while. Since my computer died, it has been hard trying to find time at work to get on and post. I took a 'mental health day' today and I am home borrowing someones computer.
I hope everyone is doing well. I am hanging in there. No changes really. The scale says that i am anywhere from 188 to 191 on any given day. So, forget the scale! I am going to put that in the closet. I am going to keep pushing forward and see what happens.
I am going to treat myself tonight. I have been good for almost 3 months now and well, I want a break. So girls nite out to a bbq joint. I know, I know.... i will be paying for it later. But, since I am home, I am going to the gym and am going to do just a bit more so there is some balance somewhere.
Hope you are having a good week!
joan

Hey, Joan!! Nice to see you around again! I'm really glad to here that you're still at it and will contine to push forward. How are your clothes fitting these days? Have you tried cuting your calories a bit more or switching to HIIT cardio?

Best to you, and good luck with your computer!

joank 08-25-2004 11:08 PM

Hi Gang!
i am back on the world wide web. I had to buy a new computer and it took me a bit to figure out which one i wanted.
things are going ok. it has been mostly discouraging.
I called my doctor to get a check up to see if everything is ok. it isn't for another month so until then... i press on!
Sarah- clothes feel pretty much the same. I am feeling better (more energy) so that in itself is great!
I am still logging in my food and am able to keep it anywere from 1500 to 1700 calories. so, who knows. it is now 3 months and i am thankful that i haven't given up! the gym has become my second home. i give myself a big ole pat on the back for that!!!!!
thanks for all of your input! it has been comforting knowing that others are fighting along with me!
ciao!
joan