Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2001, 10:24 AM   #1  
On my way!!

Wink

Hi! Girlie and I are hoping to start a new thread here with positive motivation for those of us who are trying to exercise regularly and maintain healthier eating habits!

Whether you do treadmill, elliptical, weights, WW, BFL, whatever...if you are movin' your buns---come join us! Let's all get on the exercise train and boogy! Woo-hoo!

All positive energy welcome!!!

womaninlove
Old 04-11-2001, 10:35 AM   #2  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default Count me in!

I am doing weight machines (lower body), free weights (upper and lower body) and StairMaster FreeRunner. I am still fairly new at this but working my tail off. LOL The FreeRunner I am looking at starting Interval Training. Right now I am only able to do 20 minutes at 1.3 miles. Wish me luck I doing this again tonight.

Anne
227/200.8/125/120
Old 04-11-2001, 10:43 AM   #3  

Hi There!!

Womaninlove good to see you again I'm glad to see that you & Girlie are starting this thread. We will get some motivation rolling here I'll be checking in often...

Anne, nice to meet you Wow! you seem to have a great routine there. I usually do my walking tapes, and occasionally do my cardioglide machine. I am doing WW at home and have been doing so for 1yr now. I have lost 53 lbs so far and have 13 more to go. With everyone's support we will all get to our goals and be much healthier.

Girlie, how are you doing??? Miss ya!!

Talk to you later
Debbie
Old 04-11-2001, 11:53 AM   #4  

Hello everyone!!! Debbie told me about this new thread. WTG!!! I am going to be off the message board for the next week. My husband's dad and wife are flying in tonight and leave next Tuesday. I am freakin a bit because we will be going out to eat several times. I weigh in on Sat. at WW but this week I will go on Friday because we are going site seeing Friday and Sat. We live between D.C. and Baltimore. The good thing...we will be doing some walking both days..so hopefully I will counteract some of the eating out. I have been great with the exercise...I do Leslie Sansone 's 2 mile walk about 3 times a week and I usually walk 2-3 other days a week. I have done as much as 7 exercise sessions a week but I find I don't lose as well those weeks. I feel I do better at losing when I get in about 4-5. Although I don't mind exercise and really enjoy doing it most days. I have been doing it seriously since last June. I have always been one to exercise in the past years so it is not hard for me. I have lost 31.8 pounds since last June. I had a set back after Thanksgiving..gained about 6 1/2 pounds back over the holiday season and struggled to get back on track in Jan. and Feb. but starting in March I lost that plus more so I am feeling pretty good. THANKS DEBBIE.....SHE CHEERS ME ON DAILY!!!

Have a great Easter weekend everyone. I know I will and I know I will be eating some chocolate because I gave choc. candy up for Lent. I can't wait to eat some!!!

Denise
Old 04-11-2001, 02:35 PM   #5  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hey!!!

Oh, I'm so excited to be a part of a thread again! Womaninlove, thanks so much for starting the new thread! You're so cute with your smiley faces!

Anne - welcome!!!! I think I communicated with you elsewhere on the board! What a great routine you have...you'll reach your goals in no time keeping that up! I don't do anything really special..I go to the gym every day and do 35-45 minutes on the elliptical machine, on an interval program. Eventually, I'll work some weights in there, but I want to work on my cardio for now. I've only been doing this for about a month now and have lost a little weight.

Deb! Yay! Nice to see you again! Your success so far has been so awesome! I can't wait until I have a great inspiring story to tell! Way to getting those steps in! That's really great of you to help out Denise and keep her moving!

Denise: Isn't it fun to have a buddy to cheer you on? womaninlove has been kicking me in the rear and I thank her very much for it!!

I'm so glad to se we've had a great day so far. I made an awesome stirfry with fresh broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, snap peas and "I can't believe it's not chicken" soy products. It was SOOO good!

I've gotta get some work done! I'll post again today. I'm really excited!
Old 04-11-2001, 04:13 PM   #6  

Default Hello

Hello Girlie!! I am so glad you started a thread. I have missed you on the other one.

I am still going strong with my Leslie Sansone tapes. I am up to three miles with her which is the whole entire tape so I am pleased with my progress.

I will be checking in later as I need ALL the support I can find.

Take care and have a Great day!!
Old 04-11-2001, 05:11 PM   #7  

Hi Girlie!! So how have the trips to the gym been going? How are you doing on the elliptical machine?? Sounds like you made a nice little stir fry there It's great to have the group together again. I missed you girls

So far it looks like I am pulling a maintain for this weeks weigh in. I weighed myself this morning (tomorrow is my official weigh in) and I was the same as last week. I am ok with that considering on saturday we went to Red Lobster & I really didn't count points. My saving grace is that I usually bank a ton of points so I had enough to cover what I ate on saturday. I went over by 10-11pts according to my calculations. I did have that cheesecake & it was GOOD!!!

Well, I'll check in later again. Hope everyone is having a great afternoon.

See ya!
Debbie
Old 04-11-2001, 05:47 PM   #8  
On my way!!

Default Hi everybody!!

I'm so glad we are already rolling!! Welcome!

Anne: So glad to meet you! Sounds like you are doing great on your program! Keep it up and please continue to check in with us! :smile:

Girlie: I'm glad we did this! Thanks for making me feel like I'm an inspiration. You are doing the same for me!

Deb: Hey buddy! Good to "see" you again! Red Lobster must have been heaven! It's nice to see a fellow points counter! I try not to use banked points or bonus exercise points if I can possibly help it, but sometimes they come in really handy! Hope you have a great day and thanks for joining us!

Denise: Hi! Glad to see you too! Congrats on your exercising! You are really kickin' butt!!! I'm sure you will make wise choices when you go out to eat, don't worry!! Come back soon and let us know how it went!!

Emmy: You are doing great on your tapes! Bravo!

I went to the gym this morning and hopped up my intensity a little more on the treadmill. Peppy music while working out is a Godsend! I am feeling really positive! I got on the scale this morning and have lost another 2 lbs!!! I am down to 180!! 25 more and I'm at goal! Today is my sweetie's birthday, so I took off work and we are having a nice day together. He's looking more 'buff' everyday! I just know we are all going to hit our goals! Let's do it!!!!
Old 04-11-2001, 07:13 PM   #9  
Bacon Girlie

Default Smile!!!

Hey! Thought I'd check in again for the day!

Deb:
My workouts are going well, thanks! I'm really glad we're going strong too. I've had a few "oopsies" this week, but womaninlove put me into place, telling me to get right back up and more my behind!!

Emmy:
Wow, three miles is really great! Have you ever gone to start your workout and just feel so "blah" that you just want to give up? ....I've found, that if I keep moving and go, go, go....I get into it more...I sometimes do better on those "blah" days than on regular days! Pretty soon, those 3 miles will be a cinch, and you'll have to jump in the TV and say, "Move, over, Leslie! Emmy's in town now!" Ha...sorry, I'm so silly!

Denise:
I PMed you about restaurants. I have several restaurants with points for some of the dishes if you or anyone else is interested....like Deb, I have points for a few things at Red Lobster...I'm sure you've found them elsewhere, but I have them if anyone is interested, and some other "eat-in" restaurants.

Womaninlove: I'm really glad about your workouts! And with both you and your Man, looking even better than you already do is a great incentive, isn't it? Enjoy your day! And don't even worry about getting back on to check in!!! You need to be spoiling your Man!

Talk to all of you soon! I'm really happy that ALL of you are here!

PS- have any of you tried a spinning class? I have a free pass to try a class at my gym...I'm interested in spinning, but it looks challenging! Have a great evening!!!

Girlie
Old 04-11-2001, 08:28 PM   #10  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Default Girlie

My husband is taking a Spinning class at the Y. He is in pretty good shape because he rides a mountain bike. However, the Instructor nearly killed him. LOL I finished my workout before he was done and everytime I looked in on his class he was wiping sweat off his face.

Anne
Old 04-11-2001, 08:38 PM   #11  

Hi!

womaninlove-- I have to tell you the food at Red Lobster was GOOD!!! I had the grilled chicken and shrimp scampi with a baked potato. YUM! I never use my banked points either. There have only been 2x that I have. This time & when we took my brother out to eat for his birthday. I just don't like getting into the habit of doing that. I hope your honey has a great birthday. Have fun

Girlie-- thanks for thinking of me with the points I usually check Dotti's site whenever I need to get restaurant points. She has a great list over there.

Anne-- your poor hubby I've never taken a spinning class but I saw what it is & it looks like they make them burn. Hopefully he was able to walk out of that class in one piece

Talk to you all later
Debbie
Old 04-11-2001, 09:27 PM   #12  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Thumbs down

We had to ride home with the windows open because he was sweaty and smelly. He had a great time and is looking forward to his next class. He is a sick individual.

Anne
Old 04-11-2001, 09:57 PM   #13  
Bacon Girlie

Default HA!

Anne:

That is too funny! I think I will try it once I get a chance. I really would like to have something special like that to look forward to...so if I'm sucky at the first class, I'll work on my endurance to be able to do better the next class, etc. I'm SO uncoordinated, so I can't do any type of aerobics!

Deb:

Your dinner sounds so great! Dotti's is a great site, isn't it? Really helpful, and a great, inspirational story for all of us! I'm glad you found her too!

Denise and Emmy: Hope you are having fun!

Womaninlove: I KNOW you are!!! Ha!

Have a great night everyone!

Girlie
Old 04-11-2001, 10:28 PM   #14  

Anne you are too funny. I'm glad he liked his class

Girlie-- Dotti's site is great! I love reading the success stories. It's great motivation

I have managed to get in my 10,418 steps & 3.28 miles today.

I hope everyone has a great night!
Debbie
Old 04-12-2001, 10:34 AM   #15  

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day so far. Today was my weigh in..UGH! I gained 1/2 lb. This plateau is really irritating me. This week I am trying to go to the new points range of 18-23pts & use the 4g fiber cap rule. I had been following the 1-2-3 plan. Maybe I need to switch. I did order my Power Walk 3 mile tape & I'm psyched about that. I just want to lose these last 13 lbs before I go to NY in July.

Anyway, I'll check in with you all later....Have a good one!!
Debbie
Closed Thread