Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-28-2004, 04:00 PM   #1  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Default More music

I read Partytime's thread and it got me wondering.

I tried out a bellydancing class here at work. I got the impression that, like Partytime, most of the women in the class loved the dancing but didn't care for the music too much.

So, question: has anyone tried bellydancing to different music? If so what was it? - I don't think I'd get away with Korn and Linkin' Park - my customers are a bit too old for that!

I was thinking about it and just couldn't come up with anything suitable! I know that the US normally hits on new stuff before the UK, so I thought I'd ask and save myself having to reinvent the wheel!

Fingers crossed xx
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:46 AM   #2  

anything with a loud bass in it, any really up-ity music. j.lo for example, has a lot of jump around music lol its a shame you cant get away with linkin park, thats what i listen to when in work out! anyway, i would try burning some cds of crazy pop music, its annoying lyrically frequently, but at least it will keep people motivated, some rap and hip hop too
~Child of Hope~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 05:23 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

I think Chemical Brothers would have some possibilities. They have a few that start out slow and then really pick up in speed. Psychadelic Reel and Orange Wedge are two that come to mind. I hope those are the songs I am thinking of!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:06 PM   #4  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Mmm! I can see I'll need to raid the nephews music shelf!

Thanks, I'll definitely let you know how that goes down!

I tried out Beck's Midnight Vultures album and that was a scream! One lady brought in some Purple Rain era Prince - soooooo funny to wiggle to! So I might try out the Linkin' Park......
stef is offline   Reply With Quote