3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Curves #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/32632-curves-2-a.html)

kari_berry 10-23-2003 10:24 AM

Hello Revely,
Glad you are going to check out Curves tonight! :) When you go, they'll probably show you all of the equiptment, and how it works. Some places will allow you to come in, check everything out, and see if you like it. Where I went, they didn't ask, or even mention me trying out anything. They set up an appointment after I paid so I could try everything out. But it's great that they are letting you! :)

I would wear something comfortable that you *could* work out in. They may or may not have you use the machines, so I would be prepared. I normally wear a pair of workout pants that I bought from wal-mart. ($13.00) They are wide leg, and allow me to move around comfortably. And I usually wear an oversized t-shirt for comfort too. At times I bring my zip up grey sweatshirt just in case it is cold in there. I also bring my tennis shoes along with me. :)

Have fun tonight! I know you're going to love Curves! :)

angel4real 10-23-2003 04:35 PM

MOst Curves will offer you a free membership for 1 week for you to try to see how you like it before making the committment.

hope this one will let you. If they dont offer it to you, tell them you have a pass that's good for a week, then let me know and I'll mail you one that came in the back of my curves book.

Mia

Bev 10-23-2003 08:29 PM

Sunny D- have you had your first measurement yet? Bev

kari_berry 10-23-2003 09:46 PM

Really bummed...

Today was my first weight and measure day. All I can say is that I'm bummed. And it's my own fault!

Today I weighed in at 264.5 lbs. Up 2.5 lbs since I've been there! It's because I have been eating anything, and everything! I should have expected it, but it still made me feel bummed.

My measurements were not good either. She measured and said I gained:

.75 in my waist
.50 in my abdomen
.25 in my hips

for an increase of 1.50 inches in a month.

PLUS she said a .10% increase in body fat. grrrrr.

Though she did say that the girl who measured me the first time could have messed up because she was new. Still, I have to assume it is right.

This has made me realize though that I will get NO WHERE unless I change my eating habits. So today, I feel as if I did really well. I could have eaten more veggies/fruit, but I haven't. But still, it wasn't a bad day food wise.

For now on, I have to try my hardest!
Tomorrow is a new day!

~ Kari ~

Bev 10-23-2003 10:19 PM

Today was also my first measurement day. It was not as good as I had hoped but I did ok I quess.

Lost- 2 lbs
total inches lost- 3 ( I was hoping for more)
body fat lost- .40%

Hopefully I will lost more next month.

Ok I have a question for those of us who are big busted-- Do you know of any good bras.

bev

kari_berry 10-23-2003 11:03 PM

I just thought I'd chime in real quick on the Bra subject...lol

First of all, I always wear underwire. I have a large bust, and I feel as if I get more support with underwire. My last bra had an underwire, but it was mostly cotton, and I was sagging quite a bit. Most thin cotton ones do. So I wanted/needed something with A LOT more support.

I went to Lane Bryant and shopped for a bra. The two I bought have a cup that is made out of a thick material. It doesn't exactly form to your cup size but it fits VERY comfortably. Some people would consider it a push up bra, but it does not push you up, and out. It really just lifts you up, and keeps you from sagging. And believe me, they work!

The first day I wore my bra, my fiance's sister-in-law noticed! Weird....but she asked me if I had a new bra! lol...I thought it was funny that she would notice that, but atleast I now know it is an improvement! lol.

I unfortunatly do not know what the name of the bra is, but the material where the cups are, are pretty thick, and somewhat padded. (Not that we need the extra padding, but it helps with the support! Trust me!) lol.

The bras cost quite a bit, I'm thinking about $30 - $40 each, but WELL worth it, because they have lasted longer, and given me MUCH more support. I feel much more confident with these bras. :)

Rosiee 10-24-2003 11:18 AM

Bev...if you will look further down the threads under exercise there is a post from MrsK about a sports bra she found that was suppose to be very good. I think she said she wore a 'g' cup

SunnyD57 10-24-2003 11:30 AM

Do not post here...

STOP...

Do not Post here - go to
CURVES #3 and join us there :)

Link Below for CURVES #3 ;)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=33589

beenie 10-27-2003 10:16 PM

hi my name is beenie, ive been going to weight watchers and wanted to join curves so if you can give me any advice i would like it very much and i was wondering if they have night hours sine i work during the day ty beenie.

SunnyD57 10-28-2003 06:06 AM

BEENIE

Welcome BEENIE! :)

You are on the wrong thread, sweetie...
LOOK above at MY last post - there you will see a link (it's in gray)
click on it and it will take you to where we are now - CURVES #3 .

SEE YOU THERE ;)
:sunny: