Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-21-2017, 09:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow Busy Lifestyle & Hitting The Gym

I have a very busy life, especially with my career. I want to get into a gym routine in the new year, but with my hazard schedule I'll only be able to go on weekends. Kind of disheartening because I quite enjoy my downtime LOL.
I'm hoping to really reframe my thinking, and get that gym MOJO going

Anyone want to be weekend gym-buddies from afar for accountability in the New Year?

JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/177/140

Height: 5'0

Hi JesikaBeth,

I am new to the whole chatboard thing and haven't exercised since 2004, when I ran a half marathon and sat down since. Congratulations on your weight loss so far - that's really inspirational

I've bought new (larger-sized) gym clothes, I think my old sneakers will work, and I downloaded the couch-to-5k program on my phone. I also got earbuds and an armband for my phone for Christmas. I have made a plan to go at 5pm each day. I have no excuses except that it is -10 degrees here The gym is closed until tomorrow so tomorrow I plan my first day there. Of course, I could always do a 15-minute youtube walking video or lift some weights here at the house... but I do plan on going on weekends, there are fewer students at the gym.

What are you planning for reaching your exercise goals? I love these little emoji thingys!
lyaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Hello, lyaga

Your goals sound great

I used to do couch to 5k and loved it! I may start it back up again, actually, especially since I quit smoking! I think it'll be much easier than when I was smoking

As far as my fitness goals, pretty simple for me. My work schedule is very hap- hazard and I'm gone from the house for 12-15 hours (that includes my commute to and from work.) I'd say for now my exercise goals are to go to the gym on Fridays and Sundays. I'd also like to increase my daily steps goal (fitbit) as my job is pretty sedentary, but I can always do things to increase those steps.

Lastly, not necessarily fitness related - but health/weight loss related - is to follow my weight watchers program. I still have a ways to go weight wise. My wife and I say: 2017 was our year to quit smoking and 2018 will be our year to take the weight off
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #4  

What are you planning for reaching your exercise goals? Your goals great
Crystal W. Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #5  
Meow

S/C/G: HW: 285+ / tracker

Height: 5'4"ish

I would suggest developing a work out habit at home first before going to a gym especially if you are busy. Plus commuting to a gym requires even more time out of your schedule. I had a hard time exercising and really wanted to go to a gym but I instead decided to work out at home and after the habit stuck for 1-2 months, I joined a gym and worked even harder there.
bugsiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:15 PM   #6  

If that is the only time you can find in your schedule to hit the GYM is on the weekends – try considering setting up a simple home gym. Best of both worlds
JamesLifeHealhy is offline   Reply With Quote