Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-25-2017, 12:14 AM   #1  
yehaw!!

S/C/G: 220/166/150

Height: 5'3

Default Exercise after an injury

Ok, a little history.
I was overweight. 5ft4 238 lbs in 2011. It took me close to a year to get to 138. I had done it. I lost 100lbs. Then life changed. I went back to work and lost time. I maintained until close to the end of 2015. Then the pounds started slowly adding back on. I was working 60 hours a week and trying to spend what time home I did have with my kids. Before I knew it I was around 165lbs. It was driving me crazy but I had very little free time. Well in December of 2016 I had a major skiing accident and blew up my knee. The next 8 months were spent in wheelchairs and on crutches with very little walking let alone exercise. I took this hard and let myself go. I got up to 190lbs. Now here I am. 180lbs. Scared to go up any further.
I don't know how to work out. I mean I do however I am so scared to hurt myself again. I was on the treadmill and I couldn't run. My leg wasn't hurting and I wasn't out of breath I am just so traumatized from my leg i injury that I am scared to push it. I want to so bad. I want my body back.
I'm watching what I eat and am trying to move as much as I can.
My injury consisted of femur compound fracture,completely ruptured acl, femoral tendon partial tear, lcl partial tear(almost complete). And several muscle tears and sprains.
I was riding at my prime close to 200 miles a week on average on my bike and running 20 miles ish a week. I did have my acl repaired threw a self graft. Everything else is fully healed. I have severe atrophy in the injured leg.
Ok, my question.
Any advice for getting threw the fear?
I now own and run a small business and don't have lots of time. Good high quality workouts with limited time?
Anyone been threw anything similar and have any other advice or words of wisdom.
I've never been a scared person and I hate this. I want me back. I want the freedom of not being in fear. I think if I can get my body in better shape it will help me find myself again.
And I'm sorry I'm not proof reading any of what I wrote so my apologies for the typos
Thank you in advance for your kind words and motivation.
brillmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:29 AM   #2  

Stay hydrated and eat well. Make sure you are drinking enough water every day and getting the nutrients you need for your exercise level. Make an extra effort to stretch. End your workouts with a foam roller and stretch routine for the muscles surrounding your injury(indianworkouts)
luckyvenkat is offline   Reply With Quote