Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-08-2016, 08:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Question What Are Your Favorite Forms of Exercise?

I'm just curious what your favorite forms of exercise are? What gets your blood pumpin' and your motivation up?

For me, I enjoy NIA (a type of authentic movement/dance), the Elliptical, Walk Away The Pounds DVDs, Swimming, and Nintendo WII EA Sports Active. To bring it down a notch, I love yoga.

You?!?

Let's motivate one another
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 03:39 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

My favorite exercise to do is walking/hiking. I love being in nature.

The most effective exercise I've found for changing my body, however, is a 90 day program that mixes up resistance training, yoga, and plyometrics.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

Biking. 1600 miles since May 2016. Next is hiking in the woods.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Cool to hear of your favorite forms of activity. I am looking forward to more participation in this group as well. C'mon ya'll
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'0''

I really do like walking - esp if I have some good tunes to listen to. New tunes are good too because I can focus on what's being said. It's also nice, if you can get out into the community and walk instead of having to go to the gym. I've also used a lot of Leslie Sansone's Walkl Away the Pounds DVDs and I like those a lot.

Zumba is fun when I can actually make it to the class.

i really want to get back into swimming... but then I think about the extra time I have to take to fix hair and etc after getting wet. It might be something to think about once my work schedule calms down after the holidays.
ZetaMD2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 02:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

i love dancing with my BF
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:53 PM   #7  

When it's hard to get away from the house, I love just doing a quick workout in place at home. I was amazed at much a workout can get the heart rate up just staying still. Alternate between jumping jacks, planks, squats, lunges, and if can, push-ups and burpees. These definitely make me feel good! Also, yoga at home is already really fun, and stretching after sitting all day feels great.
svanhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Lifting. I adore it. Sure, I may sometime groan at the thought of an upcoming squat heavy workout, but I feel like a freakin' champion after each and every workout. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 137.8 22~% / 21.0% / 15%

Height: 5'4 1/2

Tennis... I just love it. It's my passion. It doesn't feel like exercise to me. Time just goes by and I don't see it... It's fun. If I had time I would play many hours a day... But I play many times a week for about an hour or so.
stronggal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

HI JesikaBeth!

for movement that is fun, that would be me working on my lawn and flowers. Pushing a gas mower, wrestling it around corners and up inclines, using a weedwacker without a harness, digging, transplanting, carrying gallons of water in each hand!

for structured exercise, for targeting my heart rate and muscle work, I have been doing dvd's for years and now youtube workouts, i look for energetic, motivating instructors that have good music. I like to use hand weights with these. My favorite for the moment is Shelly Dose.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 02:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 96/ticker/65

Height: 160cm

I used to really like exercise DVDs as I don't like to work out in front of other people (and gym memberships are pricey). I like the variety But it got frustrating because the ones I wanted the most were US brand and only really available to me by ordering online, and having an Australian region locked DVD player was very limiting.

Some weeks ago it dawned on me that with the new tv we recently got which can connect to youtube (old one was an ancient tiny box with a big behind), I have a whole new range of free workout channels to try, hooray! Cannot imagine life without it now. Our internet was down for a week and I realised I was very unhappy without it because I couldn't do my favorite new workouts!

I've discovered that I'm quite fond of step aerobics (although I'm pretty uncoordinated so still doing more basic moves right now. At least I haven't tumbled off the step yet! )
HanneCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:58 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6

Circuit training with kettlebells. Yoga helps keep me flexible as I age. Hiking with my teenage sons too is a great activity.

Last edited by fitmom; 12-08-2016 at 06:59 AM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:31 AM   #13  

Biking and running. Also I play football and it really pushes you to the limits.

Last edited by genie2343; 12-23-2016 at 01:32 AM.
genie2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:10 PM   #14  

I've also been really into dancing...shaun t has a dance workout that's so good: https://www.beachbody.com/product/fi...nce-workout.do I wish there were Beyonce dance classes close to me because I would definitely try those out too! But I really do like a mixture of things...I also enjoy group classes. My gym also has these semi private classes that are about 8 people and it's a circuit of usually HIIT workouts and I'm so happy they started those!
Jenny_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

When I am well enough to do exercise: I like yoga, walks in the park, dance (but not too energetic), sometimes just housework is good but am definitely not physically active most of the time. I also have an old Qi Gong dvd which is good and also funny as it is very dated. Joan Collins once wrote that the best exercise for weight loss is pushing the plate away and leaving the table when you've had enough to eat.
Muse17 is offline   Reply With Quote