Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Unhappy Brazi Butt Lift.....Dumb Question!

So, been doing this video for almost 2 weeks now, pear program, and wondered if anyone out there has noticed their jeans getting TIGHTER!??!?!:mad

I eat a fairly LOW carb and healthy diet. So, what gives? LOL About ready to just forget it and go back to just the treadmill. I have a bigger lower half for a 5'1" person and always struggle with exercises and how my clothes fit. I just want to slim down a bit...not looking for a miracle.

Your thoughts.
taben07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/208/190

Height: 6' 6"

Tammy, while I don't know much about the Brazil Butt Lift program, if it's an exercise that is causing you build gluteal muscle, then I would expect your jeans to get tighter because you are probably putting on more muscle and only burning a little fat.

Fat loss has to be done for the whole body, despite product claims to the contrary. You really can't burn fat in a specific spot. Indeed, our problem areas are the ones likely to go last because that is where most of the fat is stored.

So my thought for you would be to count your caloric intake. Keep up the exercise because exercise is absolutely wonderful for muscle tone and overall health and wellness, as well as increasing your basal metabolic rate, but the battle against unwanted fat must be fought in your kitchen, not in the gym.
Keith Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i found that i build muscle fairly easily, it seems, as well as strength....for instance, i went from doing a 180-pound leg press to doing a 390-pound leg press in just a few months or less...i had switched from primarily running to weight training because i had hurt my ankle...i then found that all areas of my body were getting bigger(!) and that i was able to increase my weights etc fairly quickly....i actually stopped the weight training and went back to focusing on cardio and diet (although my diet never changed to start with) and eventually regained the smaller, toned body that i had from running
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote