Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 258/146ish/146ish

Height: 5' 5

Wow, running after work is tough. I had to force myself to go home, change, and leave to run. I ran 5.4 miles in 52 minutes. The advantage to running after work is I don't have to take any bathroom breaks so its a sustained 5.4 miles. Also, its an out and back. So, once I run half of it, I have no choice but finish

This morning, I got up and ran another 5 or so miles before work. I almost talked myself out of the full 5 miles but didn't. Its cooler out now. It was about 45 degrees. So far, a long sleeve shirt and running capris seems to work fine.
monmis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #62  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

After my last half marathon (in June!), I sat on my butt. So I've started running again. I've enrolled in a couch to 5K class to try to improve my time and increase my accountability.

Today was the first class. It was great and tiring.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Everyone is doing great! I need to do a race - it's been about 6 months since I've done one.

I was some how talked into doing a marathon next May. I attempted this same race 3 years ago and did not finish, so I'm going to start training and improving my time so I will finish next year.

I went running on Saturday in the rain with my Dad - it was a lot of fun! I like running with him (we're making it a family race again next year so he'll be doing the marathon too) but don't get to do it often.

I did 6 today! And my final mile was my fastest mile (11:40 and my slowest was 12:30). I'm amazed at how fast I've been getting. I'm excited about it!

Gatorgirl - you're a runner! Boo on your friend for calling you a trotter. If you run - you're a runner.

Monmis - I run after work often. I've found that if I take my running clothes with me to work and change there and head directly to where I run (a local park) I do better than going home, changing and then going. Great run, btw! I want to try to run 4 to 5 in the morning but have been stuck at doing 3.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #64  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Yay so glad everyone is truly enjoying their Fall running!!! Hubby ran his 2nd marathon 2 weekends ago - truly inspiring. I wanted to run NYC this year but alas a foot injury has kept me out of the game...keeping up with the short distances though which is good enough for now. Keep it up everyone!
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Just got back from an unplanned after work run. i had a very long day and needed to clear my head, and for the first time in FOREVER, running seemed like it would do the trick better then vegging on the couch. Who am I?!

I completed week 3 day 2 of couch to 5k which included my first run for 3 minutes straight without stopping. I did the same run on Saturday and could not complete it, so I am proud that I was able to finish without stopping today Slowly but surely seeing progress!
amt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:51 AM   #66  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Signed up for the round the bridges 6km run for Nov 17, so now my runs are to prepare me for this. Today I did 5km in 30 mins-my fastest time yet-while running up and down hills etc. I'm thinking of doing something different each time I run: a fast run day, a long-distance day and a whatever day.

amt6: Congrats
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #67  

No running today for me. I do have a strength training class to go to at the gym. I just wish it wasn't so late in the evening...

I have a 5k on Saturday. The one I wanted to do(5 miles from my house) was cancelled so I signed up for another one. There is a Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure near me this week. I've heard over 10,000 people have signed up. Although that would be fun, I imagine parking will be a nightmare so I opted out of that.

Friday will be my complete rest day.

Lizzyg You are right about it being easier when your take your gear with you and leave from work. I would do that but I have a work computer and my purse and I don't feel right leaving it in my car. Wow, a marathon! I came close to signing for a 1/2 and decided not do right now.

rhiko Great job on your 30 min 5k. Your Round the Bridges run sounds fun.

Last edited by monmis12; 10-24-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #68  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Ran 4 miles yesterday with pup and did 1 hr of metabolic weight training...Today is a work day, but did 30 min exercise this am
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #69  

Devadiva Great run! I've never ran with a dog. I have an overweight older Golden Retriever who could have ran in his early years. I also have a bichon/cavalier mix which is not really a "running" dog. Maybe my next dog?

No running today. Going to a 5k tomorrow. Not sure how big it will be as its one of the races where you can't see the number of participants online. There is also a Color run and a gigantic Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k on the same day so maybe this one will be smaller? We'll see. Its supposed to be cold(for my area) at about 40 degrees F. at the start. I think I will still stick with a long sleeve shirt and running capris.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #70  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

momis12 : Its work running with the puppy {Australian shepard} as she wants to jump run in front and herd..BUT someday my Hanaupah will be a great running partner.
Today no running did weights and will take my girl to be spayed today { I am nervous}. We lost our Great Prynees in April after a Knee replacement.Hanaupah was a fix for our broken hearts..and shes a SWEETIE we got her at the end of April. She is almost 8 months.

I love about 43 to 50 for running.My race last week was 32 when we got there but by the end of the run it was sweaty. I know hard to figure it out what will be comfy {and they have all that standing around time and no where to leave your stuff!}

Last edited by devadiva; 10-25-2013 at 09:05 AM.
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #71  

Diva I love Australian Shepherds! My family had 5 over the years. Hope your dog went through the surgery ok.

Well, BRRRR! Its 35 degrees out. I guess I'll stick with my original plan for clothing. I don't want to wear full tights as 1: I've never worn them before and 2: I don't think my legs will be cold once I get running. Too bad I am going by myself because I would love to be able to wear a heavy jacket until the start

I'll post an update when I get back.

Last edited by monmis12; 10-26-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Hi guys! I have been MIA due to dealing with some emotional issues in my life, but I am hopeful of getting back on track.

I am still running and still battling the **** that is Achilles Tendonitis.

So far in October I have run 158 miles. No local races until Thanksgiving morning's 5K that I have found.

monmis12 - I bought from Kohl's these thin colored capri length fashion tights. They work great - add a little bit of warmth but aren't full heavy tights for this time of year.

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #73  

Tabbycat here. I had my third 5K fun run of October this morning. It was at a church doing it for the first time. No chips, no age categories, no list of results. I guess they have a lot to learn

My time was 36:34 by my stopwatch and 36:28 by their timer. My goal has been "under 38 minutes" for the past year. Maybe I've broken through that wall and I'll make my next goal "under 37 minutes."

It was almost the same route I had three weeks ago. I don't like that route... the last mile starts out with a long uphill slope and usually the sun is blazing from across the water, but at least this morning the run started at 7:00 so it was not so hot. It was probably about 68-70 degrees which is still too warm for my taste.

Last edited by Tabbycat; 10-26-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #74  

Great run tabbycat! Great job on getting to your goal!

Well I was cold cold cold in my running gear. Most people were in tights and some even had an extra shirt/layer on as well as ear warmers or hats. It actually felt like my toes were cold the whole time and they are still cold now. I got 10 seconds from my PR! 27:40. Although this was not a huge 5k, from last years race results I could tell there are a lot of fast runners in my age group. I think I came in 5th or 6th out of maybe 25? No 5k tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a long run. I will be wearing warmer clothes though.

Cherrypie.Good luck on your running! I love kohls! In fact, both my shirt and capris were from kohls. I don't think my tights are too heavy so I'll try them tomorrow on my run.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #75  

I can't believe October is almost done!

I did my long run this morning. I ran 8.3 miles in 1hr 25min. So basically, a 10 min mile. Not too bad since my 5k pace is right at a 9min mile. There are a few hills on this route. Too bad this route is only suitable for an early Sunday run due to a lot of commuter traffic in the am and pm on weekdays. I also wouldn't run this route in the dark.