Looking for strength training/ running friend for daily support

• The title says it all! I want someone who can I can have daily contact with so we can help motivate each other!!

My background:

I'm 48, 5ft 7 and 10 stone 11. I think I'm about 36% body fat.

It feels like I've been counting calories all my life and never felt good about my body. As I'm getting older though I'm also feeling creaky and I have bouts of over eating which make me feel bloated and tired - although I generally eat healthily. I'm a vegetarian.

What I'm looking for is finding a way of getting rid of the excess body fat and toning up. My main problem areas are my torso (front and back) and I want to prevent the dreaded bingo wings.

I am a very 'all or nothing' person and on numerous occasions have decided to go on diets and start exercise routines - couch 2 5k, various DVD programmes and done great for a week but then not lost any weight so got fed up and given up.

I want to get back to free weight lifting at the gym and running/ cycling outside.
  • There is a thread in the Weight Loss Support forum called "Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - September 2013 - Everyone Welcome!"

Lots of us check in there daily and support each other while talking about our meals and exercise and all the good stuff. Please come join us!