Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.2/147.6/130

Height: 5'2

Default Carbs vs. Calories

While I know that the best policy is to stay on plan, there have been a few occasions that I cheat. Last week I had a piece of pie in the evening, and I didn't feel too badly about it because I worked out hard that morning and was planning on going the next morning again.

What I'm wondering though, is if it is better to work out after the cheat vs. early in the day, far before the cheat? I normally go first thing in the morning, like 5am before I eat anything, as I'm not hungry when I wake up and eating beforehand makes me feel sick.

The other thing I'm wondering is about burning carbs? I'm on a low carb diet (under 100g/day). I've only had 2 days since I started that I went over 100g, and unlike a lot of people on my plan (Medifast) I'm OK with allowing myself the very occasional cheat (both times it didn't seem to affect my weight loss). I'm just trying to find info on how quickly you burn carbs vs. calories so I can better calculate when the time comes up again.

Thanks!
Andi24 is offline   Reply With Quote