3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Insanity Support! :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/279203-insanity-support.html)

iJustWant2Run 04-06-2013 10:37 AM

Insanity Support! :)

I was just wondering if anybody out there was doing Insanity workout by Shaun T? I found an old thread from the beginning of the year, but it seems that nobody is posting there any more. :( So I thought of just making a new thread, and everybody who is doing, planning to do or even just thinking about doing the Insanity workouts, can motivate each other. :)

iJustWant2Run 04-07-2013 06:53 PM

Just incase there are people out there reading this and considering doing the Insanity workouts but just aren't sure if they can do them physically: YOU CAN! :) I'm so far out of shape, it's a shame, and I will done with my first week of Insanity today! :carrot: It was definitely hard, and definitely a challenge but I did it! Some of the things that I love about the Insanity work outs are that it's okay if you can't keep up. It's okay if you have to modify some of the moves or pause the video a bajillion times to take a break when you need it. And it makes me feel better seeing the people in the video (who have already completed the program!) collapsing from exhaustion, or stopping in the middle to take a break. It makes me feel not so bad about having to stop, but those people have to stop sometimes too to catch their breath or grab a drink of water. I like that Shaun T tells you constantly, not to compromise form for speed, and to rest when you need it. It's a beast of a workout in the beginning but you can do it! I'm already loving how I don't feel so stiff or "old" when I get out of bed in the morning. :) I know that there isn't anybody in here asking for support but I wanted to post anyway just in case there is somebody out there thinking that they'd love to give it a try, but think that it'll be too hard. It IS hard! It is most definitely a challenge, but the way you feel after you complete a workout, even if you had to modify the moves and pause it a million times like I did, is awesome! You can do it! Don't doubt yourself! DIG DEEPER! :)

nitrus29 04-13-2013 05:30 PM

iJustWant2Run ~ first up BIG UPs for finishing week 1 :high:

I ordered the INSANITY DVDs today and I can imagine what an effort you might have put in. I was looking for a thread on INSANITY support and I'm glad I found you. I'm waiting for the mail man to come knocking !! Can't wait to DIG DEEP !! :D
Will keep in touch with you here !! KEEP GOING !! :carrot:

Skinnygirldreams 04-13-2013 06:09 PM

I am waiting for my Insanity DVDs to get here! Can't wait to get started. I am planning on doing this inbetween my two days a week that I do personal trainer.

nitrus29 04-16-2013 02:57 PM

Just got the DVDs in mail today. Was rushing out for work so just picked up the box and kept it on the kitchen counter. It reads INSANITY in bold. Can't get it out of my mind. Can't wait to get started though I am apprehensive. :^:
The videos look wicked !!! :dizzy:
Do I need to lose some weight before I put myself through it?? :?:

Pink Hurricane 04-17-2013 01:23 PM

My husband and I started Insanity last night! We did the fit test and then went ahead and did one of the extra dvds they sent us, the Insane Abs one. I am DEFINITELY out of shape, but my husband was yelling support for me while we were pushing through some seriously harder moves and it worked, hearing him support me like that made me keep going.

I had to take a lot of those 2 second breaks but I kept going. I had to modify a lot, but once again I realize my body is going to get stronger and it will adapt. When my husband called me from work earlier, he said we are definitely doing Insanity when we both get home after work, so I cannot wait for more, even though it is hard!

I am super sore today but it feels so good!

Nitrus
~ I thought I might need to lose weight (I am 246 as well) but you can modify the moves until you start to get leaner and stronger, just push yourself to the best of your abilities! You can do this!

nitrus29 04-17-2013 06:14 PM

wow PinkHurricane.. that's good to know!! & way to go for starting!! :carrot: Let me give it a try and let you know how it went :D

Pink Hurricane 04-18-2013 01:47 PM

Husband and I had to take a break last night, we both had delay muscle soreness :lol: and tonight we are going to do one of the extra cardio workouts that came with the whole set. Next week we are starting the full program, I feel more motivated than ever!

Nitrus, did you give it a shot yet? :D

nitrus29 04-19-2013 05:13 PM

Pink Hurricane - no, haven't given it a shot yet :( it's making me nervous!!
are you back on track?

Pink Hurricane 04-20-2013 10:17 AM

We have been working our way into the workouts, getting more comfortable with the moves and knowing what to expect. But we officially start the program, following along the calendar that comes with it, on Monday!

nitrus29 04-20-2013 03:18 PM

yuppp i got the calendar too!! was waiting till monday! gulp! :^:

wannaBfitnessbuff 04-21-2013 12:14 PM

I ordered the DVDs used on amazon Friday. Estimates arrival date was between April 25th and 30th. I'm really excited about the program. Anyone doing the meal plan? I had a half marathon yesterday and today I'm getting more serious about calorie counting. I wasn't successful with my training runs when trying to restrict. I found the elite nutrition plan online and it calculates I eat approx 1900 a day. That seems so high! I'm doing 1500 until I start insanity. Then I'll follow their suggested calories. I'm starting to follow the good program now. Just on lower calories.

wannaBfitnessbuff 04-22-2013 02:01 PM

Still waiting for the program to arrive in the mail. Had a nice hike this morning. Took my puppy and we both had good exercise. Anyways seems a bit quiet I here. But I plan to be back and post when I start the workouts!

Jittery 04-24-2013 05:03 PM

Hello everyone!

Thank you for starting this thread ijustwant2run - I really need the support :)

I'm currently in Month 2. I just finished Day 1 of week 6. I am really hoping to see the scale move in the coming weeks. I've lost maybe a pound during month one, but several inches. A couple from my waist, an inch from each thigh and nearly an inch off each arm. I am 5'8 at 184 lbs so I do have considerable weight to lose, so I hope that inches aren't the only change by the end of the month.

I have followed the nutrition plan mostly. Probably about 85% of the time. The other 5-7% I have eaten clean, and splurged with the remaining few % of times.

I know the calorie intake seems very high. It calculates about 2000 for me for weight loss. I had to re-check three times when I first started. I had been trying to clean up my diet before I started Insanity (was doing TurboFire) and I was really restricting my calories, so 2000 sounded insane (!). But I decided to go with it, and in hindsight I think I needed that amount. So even if you're not used to it, I would really recommend sticking to the number it calculates for you.

Hows the program coming along for you, Pink Hurricane? The first time to do each video is the hardest in my experience. I'm sure you and your husband are getting better and better!

Nitrus29 - I like your avatar! Did you begin this past Monday?

nitrus29 04-24-2013 05:05 PM

NOOO I did not !!! :(:(:( BOO!! I don't even have an excuse as to why I didn't start..:?:
I am gonna I promise!!!:^:

Nina1979 04-25-2013 05:20 AM

Hi everyone
Glad I found you. I am going to start Insanity this Saturday or Sunday. I have a lot of weight to lose and haven't been working out at all for the past 2 months so I'm a bit apprehensive.
I did one Insanity work out around 2 months ago and while I had to take a lot of breaks I managed to finish it, so I hope it will be doable.
Currently I am eating around 2000kcal and maintaining so I will stick to around that many calories to see what happens. I do know from experience that the scale often doesn't move the first 2, 3 weeks when starting a new exercise regime as the body retains water.

wannaBfitnessbuff 04-26-2013 10:05 AM

Hi nina! This is awesome. We are going ot be close to eachother on our start dates. I got insanity in the mail day before yesterday and did the fit test day yesterday. So today will be my first full workout.

Are you following the eating program? Or sticking with what you have been doing?

Yesterday's fit test was really tough and I'm a bit sore. I'm both pumped and excited and nervous and apprehensive about the workout today.

Eating wise I plan to follow his "elite eating" program. At least at first. Yesterday I had too much wine and then too much food after. So foodwise today will have to be day one. I took pictures and a while slew of measurements to track progress.

Glad you foudn this thread. It has been kinda quiet.

Nina1979 04-26-2013 10:53 AM

Hi WannaB, thank you for the welcome.
I read the nutrition guide but won't follow it completely. I already eat 4-5 meals a day and a lot of the things the recommend. I will try to have lighter dinners (less carb heavy, more protein, vegetables) as I tend to lose more weight that way. But I don't plan on eating that much less then now, even though I do plan on cutting down on sweet things and other high calorie foods.
I hope you're 1. workout goes well and I'll check back after my fit test.

Taking lots of pics and measurements is good as you might notice a difference there first while the scale stays the same while your body adjusts.

wannaBfitnessbuff 04-26-2013 12:36 PM

Jittery- Thanks for stopping in. It is awesome to hear from someone so far along in the program. I cheated a bit on my calorie calculations and I used a weight lighter than i currently am when doing the formula. That put me at 1960 a day. I probably would have been over 2000. But we will see how it goes. That seems like a lot to lose weight on. But I guess being able to do the program and have fuel to burn muscle would need enough calories.

glitterhairdye 04-27-2013 10:22 PM

I'll jump on the insanity thread! I'm on week one day five and it's kicking my ***! The first few days I was so sore in my calves I could hardly walk. lol I did the pure cardio workout today and it was purely cardio. That was a tough 15 minutes. To make matters worse I did the first 20 minute about 2 hours before but it was too close to my lunch and I start getting stomach cramps and almost threw up. So I gave myself a couple of hours to digest and then started from the beginning.
I went through two weeks of Insanity a few years ago and I wasn't eating very well so I didn't see much progress. Now I'm eating 1200-1300 calories, which I know isn't a ton for the amount that I'm probably burning, but I feel great!
I was doing C25K, but I got a shin splint within a week and I don't love running. Insanity works my entire body, so I'll stick with this.

Nina1979 04-28-2013 08:07 AM

Hi glitter
Only thing I can say is... you are probably eating WAY too little. 1200 is already very low and if you burn 400-500kcal with insanity you are effectively only getting 800kcal or less. Have you read the food guide? As far as I saw the lowest they recommend is 1900kcal so if you don't see progress its probably going to be due to too little calories. Here is the man himself talking about it actually: http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect...sage/264931839

I'm going to do my fit test tomorrow as I just got my period today and am in pain...

wannaBfitnessbuff 04-28-2013 03:30 PM

Glitter- welcome. So happy we are reviving this thread.

So I was impatient to start but had a funky week and had my rest day after the first workout. So I did fit test Thursday, my first workout day Friday and then rest day yesterday. ( I had a 16 hour workday and didn't think I'd make it through if I did insanity too). So in about 10 mins ill do the second video. First workout was so tough! The abs in and outs were the harder for me. That and push-ups. I'm not strong enough to do push-ups. Overall I have to say I wanted to cry. But after finishing and recovering, I felt so good all day! Anyways better go get my insanity workout two on. I'm so pumped and nervous. This thing is tough!

littlebumblebee 04-28-2013 05:44 PM

Hi everyone, I am just getting started.

It helps me a lot to read that everyone is motivated to stick with it even with the difficulties. I am huffing and puffing, my knee ache, but I am determined. I have tried so many exercises in the past, and either I over eat, and did not lose weight or I gave up on exercising.

This time I want to eat right and exercise until I reach my goal regardless how long it takes me.

wannaBfitnessbuff 04-29-2013 12:12 PM

Nina- how has the first workout? Or the fit test. Not sure when you decided to start. Thanks for the link on the calories thing. I really found the info on cortisol interesting. I'm so glad I took measurements and pics. Of spires I want to see huge scale results, but if I don't I have other ways set up to track progress. Also it made me realize i need to be better about the small meals. I have a hard time on work nights to get those evenly spaced 5 meals.

I did the second workout yesterday and for me it was even tougher. I love that I can't keep up, and that its that hard. I feel like I could do the 60 day cycle 4 times or more before I'm even with those guys. Leaves a lot to work towards for sure. I'm loving how even though during the workout I'm sweating more than I have in my life, and I feel so beat and like I want to pass out or throw up (I did think I was going to throw up at one point yesterday. I azomglynhave a lot of energy after I recover from the initial exhaustion. Like the whole rest of the day I feel good. Not spent. When running and doing like a 10 mile long run, I'll just feel wasted the rest of the day. And these workouts on the moment feel harder than running 10 miles. But I feel better afterwards. Except trying to get out of bed. Ha ha I am so sore that the bed doesn't easily let me go in the morning. :).

Anyone doing the recovery stuff? I am using a whey protein post workout. But I don't want to buy more products for this. At least not yet. But if anyone has used it I'm curious if it helps with stiffness and soreness?

Nina1979 04-29-2013 01:47 PM

I just did the fittest today... and the sweat is dripping off me.. tomorrow will be though. The hardest bit were the suicide jumps (they got those right) as I more walked them then jumped them.
I know what you mean about the scale WannaB - but I am setting myself up to not get too discouraged the first 4-6 weeks if it doesn't move very fast. What day are you on atm?

I live in Europe so no Recovery stuff here. I do have some protein powder but when I do feel like I need something quick after a workout I usually make my own smoothies with some (frozen) fruit, low fat yoghurt and slim milk. I've realized that I prefer to eat whole food instead of packaged stuff.

wannaBfitnessbuff 04-29-2013 04:11 PM

littlebumblebee- Welcome. And yes! Lets all motivate eachother.

Nina- I took my rest day on a wierd day. So I just finished the cardio recovery video today. I had to work a long day at work on saturday so I decided to tal emy rest day then instead of day 7 of the program. So I've done the fit test and three full workouts now. The toughest for me was the second workout after the fit test. I thought I was going to throw up! The cardio recovery video was today and while it isnt as sweat inducing, is definately still tough in spots. He has you hold squat and lunge poses for longer than I was able too! I had to straighten up a couple times.

I have to say I find Shaun T an awesome motivator. Reminds me of the best coaches I had playing sports as a kid and teenager. I love how he tells you to hold on a push at the perfect moments when I am ready to give up. Anyways so far I LOVE these workouts. Not easy, but I have high expectations for becoming more fit by them. And the cloths sizes weight loss I am sure will be easier when I am more in shape. Just need to get the food in check. I have definately eaten better since doing insanity, but I still have a ways to go to really get to the level of clean eating that will get me to my goals. But hey, I'm stepping in the right directions.

Oh! And Nina, I think your spot on with the whole foods. I believe they are always better.

glitterhairdye 04-29-2013 04:42 PM

Tbh I don't think I could eat 1900 or so. I feel pretty good at 1200-1300.. I went down this morning though and I was 162.8! If I get into a plateau, than I might up it some next time.

Finally, a rest day! My calves are killing me!

wannab - I think it would take me a long time to get up to them, too!

littlebumblebee 04-29-2013 06:05 PM

Today is my first day, when I feel organized. I have been eating only healthy foods and counting calorie. I exercised this morning so that I would not put it off until I found an excuse not to exercise. I am determined to stick with this and reach my goals.

wanaBfitnessbuff

I can completely relate to feeling like I want to throw up. Or I think to myself I want to give up but I keep pushing myself. I know I will feel motivated even more when the exercises are easier or the scale moves down or at least I lose some inches.

Nina

Those jumps, leave my knees aching all day.

glitterhairdye

Congrats on the weight loss.

leighalittletyke 04-29-2013 06:09 PM

I just started Insanity today and hopefully this time I can make it through the whole thing! I actually want to do a Brazil Butt Lift hybrid but today I made the mistake of doing Insanity before BBL. I'll have to switch them up if I want to do both. Today was just the fit test but it still left me on the floor panting. I'm excited to workout again tomorrow :]

leighalittletyke 04-30-2013 02:20 PM

I just got done with day 2. I'm definitely going to have to use the stretch bands tonight to relieve some of the soreness before bed.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...21537469_n.jpg

lol I found this picture on Facebook and thought I might share.

wannaBfitnessbuff 04-30-2013 02:34 PM

leigh- Welcome to the thread!

I'm gettinga little cleaning around the house done and then I'll be doing the "pure cardio" DVD for the first time. So excited/nervous. It's crazy I'm getting to the end of my first week of Insanity and I already feel like I am thinner. Ha I'm thinking it has to be in my head. But I did have my workout pants falling off of me when jogging on the threadmill the other day. I'm wondering if I've stretched them out? I had lounged around in them most of that day before going to the gym.

I love the image leighalittletyke!

Nina1979 05-01-2013 04:35 AM

No workouts yesterday or today due to a migraine. Hope I feel well enough tomorrow, I really want to do this thing.

leighalittletyke 05-01-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nina1979 (Post 4725753)
No workouts yesterday or today due to a migraine.

I hope you feel better!

Today was Cardio Power and Resistance for me. I worked extra hard this morning due to a late light snack fest :\ I'm going out of town for work for the next four days but I'll still be able to work out, though I have to make tomorrow my rest day.

For me the best part about doing Insanity is today's workout gets rid of yesterdays soreness lol. So it's kind of like an extra motivator. I hate being so sore it's hard to sit on the couch!

wannaBfitnessbuff 05-02-2013 11:02 AM

Nina- ugh migraine are the worst! Hope you feel better. And you'll do it! Even if the 60 days are broken up and take 70 days I'm sure you'll still get amazing results doing the program.

Speaking of which does anyone think they will do the program thru a second time? I'm thinking I will. I feel even after 60 days this would still be so tough. In fact I probably couldn't ever be in shape enough that its not tough!

I'm doing the resistance video today. Last night was plyo circuit for the second time. I think it was even tougher today than the last time.

Good luck and hope everyone's doing well :).

Nina1979 05-02-2013 04:19 PM

I'm doing better today and just finished day 2... Shaun T kicked my butt! but I kept going. Tomorrow day 3.

wannaBfitnessbuff 05-02-2013 05:01 PM

Nina- Yay on making it through. And yeah he is a serious butt kicker.

I am starting to enjoy posting on this page the most. Something maybe a little TMI I was thinking about when doing my workout today. Doing things like power jumps and a few other moves I can feel the fat on my belly bounce up and down as I workout. As I was doing those moves I was thinking how incredible it would be to not have my fat half a second behind my muscles as I workout. Thank God I get to do this in the privacy of my own home where no one but my dog (he really likes ot watch me workout, and since he's barely 2 years old sometimes he tries to take his 75 lb puppish self and jump up on me and join me while I am workingout. Apparently to a doggie it looks like a fun time?).

NSV yesterday. My DH told me last night I am already looking like the workouts are paying off. Now I cant believe I have had too much actual fat loss in only a little over a week, but I do already feel better. Which is so motivating. If I see ANY change in my measurements when I take them again after week two I will be ecstatic.

wannaBfitnessbuff 05-03-2013 06:01 PM

Well I'm posting again! So did day 9 of insanity. Pure cardio. I feel I wasp bing slower today than the first time I did the video. But I feel like I got an incredibly good workout. Which is what matters. My calories are a little low today. And I don't plan on eating at work tonight. So I may just end the day lower. Nothing crazy. I have eaten just shy of 1600.

Hope you girls are sticking in there. The scale has been a little disappointing so far. Not that I expect to lose a bunch in just 9 days. But I thought I'd see it inch a bit. I expect that I'll either see some inches lost or have a whoosh one of these days when my body's less shocked by the intensity.

deb813 05-06-2013 09:21 AM

Im in the process of getting Insanity. Im excited but terrified at the same time! I cant wait to have a program where i know ive worked as hard as i possibly can but so scared that i wont be able to keep it up!

wannaBfitnessbuff 05-06-2013 09:28 AM

Deb- hi and welcome. I'm like on day 12 and I'm loving it so far. I am seriously already seeing some results in the way my cloths fit. I've been able to start wearing a few things I have stashed in my closet for awhile now.

And don't worry about keeping up. He says it all the time in the video to take rest when you need and go at your own pace. Someday I hope I can stay with them all the time. But geez. That's definitely not now! As long as your "digging deep" and working hard I think you do t have to be going their speed to see results. I feel great so far. And while i sometimes dread it, I always survive and I'm seeing good progress. :).

Renniekins 05-06-2013 09:16 PM

I was thinking of ordering the DVD's but was unsure if I was too out of shape to do them. I've heard that you *should* be at a certain fitness level before starting off... so I've been waiting to order them.

However, if anyone at a very beginner level started Insanity and finished it with super awesome results, I'd like to know :) :)