Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #16  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

BabyBat, I usually screw up but this last time I had so many screwups in the recent month I decided to ride it out doing everything to the letter. I finally saw the scale go down-today. But a little bit, still it did. also are you measuring your body too? Because I had fat loss/muscle gain during the scale not moving, therefore I had improvements, noticed by the tape, not the scale. Just keep with it, you'll master it.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #17  
Carbivore

S/C/G: 260/167/172

Height: 6' 2"

I wasn't seeing the change when I was gaining 80-100 lbs during the years, so logically I wasn't expecting to see anything going in the opposite way. Even in terms of scale-readings. After all - loosing weight wasn't anything hard, so I had no pressure to get any reward of it. It was just the time passing by, but it would be passing anyway. Now I'm preparing to run a marathon in may 2013 and not be the last on the finish line, and still - the training is made of sweet moments of pleasure, so valuable in life.

Last edited by MadProfessor; 12-07-2012 at 03:02 PM.
MadProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

You have to put it out of your mind as soon as the thought enters. Unfortunately we as a society are programmed to want instant gratification. We want to go on a diet for a day and then expect that our pants will be loose fitting the next day. My weight came on so slowly, 1lb per month in the last 20 months. I know I can lose weight faster than that but please understand that your body needs time to adjust in the meantime. Occupy your time with something else and just know the results will be there quite suddenly when you least expect it.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #19  
Lola

S/C/G: 145/123/110

Height: 5"4

You just have to keep at it, even if you haven't seen a change for a long time, just think that the next whoosh is right around the corner. I was about to give up after a month of exercising+eating right and not seeing any significant changes. A week later, I could visibly tell that my legs, hips and face have slimmed down. And now the arm fat is FINALLY catching up and letting go little by little. Be strong and you'll see results!
JellyBeanmarshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote