Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Default Is this a good post workout meal?

I'm avoiding processed carbs and starchy veg for the next while to try and wean myself off of sugars. I have a plan to do cardio 3 times a week (alternating stair climbing and stationary biking) and lifting 2 times a week (on alternating days) while maintaining a calorie intake range of 1200-1500 cals/day. I also alternate 50 jack knife crunches or 50 sumo squats every night before bed, every day.

Anyway, today I went on the stationary bicycle for 45 minutes, traveling 15km in total (I did intervals, 10 minutes of high resistance peddling, followed by a cycle of 5 mins low resistance - 5 mins high resistance. Eventually I'd like to do all 45 mins on high resistance, but baby steps right?) and I followed this with my lunch which was:

2 Tzatziki tuna wraps:

- 4 leaves of iceberg lettuce (10 cals)
- 1 can of flaked tuna in water (140 cals)
- 2 tbsp tzatziki salad dressing (90 cals)
- 1/4 of a tomato (I don't even know....like 5?)

I tried to go for fats/proteins and a little bit of complex carbs, although I am having brown rice and garlic mushroom risotto tonight, so I wanted to keep carbs low.

Is this enough protein for lunch? I'm full and it was tasty so I hope it's ok.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

That's good protein, 2 cans of tuna is like 60g isn't it? Or did I read that wrong?

I also like plain Greek yogurt and hard boiled eggs for extra protein that won't = tons of calories.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Oh, no, the recipe makes 2. It's only 1 can.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Why only 4 leaves of iceberg lettuce? There are almost no calories in them. Also I would go for a greener type of lettuce like romaine or spinach and put a ton of it in the wrap...But other than that it looks delicious...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote