Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2001, 11:18 AM   #1  
Soon to be Lifetimer

Just wondering if anyone out there does Jazzercise. It is such a fun, motivating dance aerobic program. Our instuctor has even added a little kick boxing. The music is very hip and keeps you coming back for more.
They are always offering specials for new students and promotions for existing ones to bring their friends. Very easy to get hooked on. Most of the people who started when our franchise came to town (1993) are still there every week. The music and routines change constantly so you can start at any time and it doesn't get boring either!
Old 02-13-2001, 06:10 AM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Hey Jilly's Mom --

I did Jazzercise for years and loved it -- our instructor (Donna Jones) was one of the top Jazzercise instructors in the world according to their stats at that time.

I would still go except after my divorce I moved across town - plus my work hours changed (classes were Mon/Weds at 5:45 p.m., Tues/Thurs at 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays at 8:30 a.m.). Made it really tough to get to class, and Donna's was just so popular you would have to get there pretty early to get a good spot! Tried a couple of other Jazzercise instructors closer to my pad, but neither of them had Donna's 'spark'. Now I belong to a 24-hour gym and I work out in the morning which is much more convenient for me.

However!!! I would HIGHLY recommend the program to anyone who is looking for an alternative way to work out...there are women of all sizes and shapes at a typical class and most classes I have attended make everyone feel welcome. I also went to the Jazzerjam convention in Las Vegas in '91 and had a TERRIFIC time!!! Three days of fun which culminated in the world's largest Step class with live music by Jack Mack and the Heart Attack & the Fabulous Thunderbirds -- over 5,000 people if memory serves. The first night we had an evening show at the Aladdin hosted by Dana Carvey who did all his famous "SNL" characters -- Church Lady, George Bush, Hans (of Hans and Franz), etc. I also got to meet Cathy Guisewite and Judy Sheppard Missett! Yee haw!

MrsJim
265/160/145
Old 02-13-2001, 06:57 AM   #3  
Soon to be Lifetimer

Wow, I am jealous. I only went to a JazzerJam in Columbus, Ohio. We did a dance routine on stage. Shanna, Judy's daughter was there and I thought that was BIG stuff.
It is really motivating but you are right, the instructor DOES make all the difference. Luckily, we have 5 great ones. I like them all and they each have their own style.
Our Main instuctor asked me years ago to try out, at the time I owned a salon and didn't have time. I just wonder what kind of shape I would be in NOW if I would have!!! Still don't think I could talk and guide while thinking of the next steps coming up. I am amazed at how they do that.
Old 02-17-2001, 08:50 AM   #4  

Hey Jilly's Mom and Mrs Jim! Here I am, another Jazzercise FREAK! MrsJim, I just responded to your post underneath my post....

Jazzercise ROCKS! Oh my goodness, it is just the most FUN.... and yes, I would encourage anyone out there to TRY IT...

One thing I neglected to mention to you, MrsJim, is that I also am a Class Manager for our Jazzercise Center. It is a really fun job and a great way to get FREE Jazzercise classes. Plus it keeps me way involved in Jazzercise (OK, so probably OVER involved).

Glad to meet some fellow Jazz-Heads.
Old 03-02-2001, 09:27 PM   #5  

I too LOVE LOVE LOVE Jazzercise!

I always peek in here to see if there are any Jazzercise threads and hoping that one might start!

I started almost one year ago exactly. I really like the Jazzercise center I go to...all of the instructors are great!

It is wonderful to know that you fellow "jazz-heads" (LOL, Shanarad) are out there!!!

Take care,
Cindy
Old 03-17-2001, 01:48 PM   #6  

Hi, Jazzercisers - just stumbled onto this thread - I'm an instructor - just had my 10 year anniversary of teaching - and it's the best!

There is a website for Jazzerciser to share info, too, if you haven't been there - www.physical.com. You might enjoy that.

Keep dancin'!

Helen
Closed Thread