Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #1  
Taking it 1lb at a time!

S/C/G: 291/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone wanna do P90x with me?

My hubby borrowed the program from his friend and wants to start Sunday. Im going to attempt not to kill myself and do it with him lol. He is still about 70lb over weight but hes tall and pretty much entering the phase where he really needs to start focusing on building muscle in his stomach area. So I wont be surprised if hes totally ripped by the end of the 2nd challenge. I dont really expect that dramatic of results for myself but yea, if any of you out there want to jump in on the P90x challenge with us(you dont have to start the exact same day as us) I think it could be pretty fun.

I know the set is like 100 bucks? But some of the 2nd hand sports shops in my area sell the disc for like $10 ea for those of you who are on a budget, could just go buy it 1 challenge at a time.
CocoTruffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #2  
Just gettin' started..

S/C/G: 230/ticker/180

Height: 5'2

Hi Coco....
Sounds like you and DH are in for some fun. My dh and I bought the set years ago....he hurt his back on the job and I got pregnant shortly after buying it so it has since been accumulating dust.

I am finally in a place where I have both the time and desire to start it up again. Ebay is a great place to find those types of programs at a lower price. I think you get the best results using the program the way it was intended so having the full set is ideal though not always the best thing for those on a budget.

I hope it goes well for you tonight. I will check in to see how you liked it!

Have fun!
mellyme123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #3  
Taking it 1lb at a time!

Hi Melly we just finished day one about an hour ago. It honestly wasnt as bad as I thought and I didnt feel rushed either like I do with most other exercise videos Ive tried(I usually cant keep up). Not sure what kind of results Ill have by the end of round one(28 days from now) but I know today is the first day Ive ever really done push ups and managed to do a total of 49, even though they were in like sets of 5. Still thats a lot for me.

We took pictures and measurements so Ill be sure to post in the mini goals when we complete the first round.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #4  
Just gettin' started..

S/C/G: 230/ticker/180

Height: 5'2

Good job! I find it hard to tell where the weight I'm losing is coming from so pics and measurements were a must for me. They serves as great motivation too. Keep it up and let us know how you like the program.
mellyme123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #5  

Coco...I'll join you!

Hope you don't mind, I am already halfway thru my 3rd week. But I'd like to get female perspective. I am talking to some guys that are doing it...but men can lose weight like it's nothing...and they have better upper body strength. I don't want to get discouraged with my progress.

Did you want to check in every day? A weekly measurement/weight check-in?
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #6  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I've done a full round of P90X and I'll offer one piece of advice- make sure you follow a diet if you want results. P90X is fantastic for getting fit! But for getting leaner and losing fat, a diet is critical. I didn't watch my diet at all for the first phase and didn't lose a single pound and didn't look different either. I started watching my diet in phase 2 and 3 and lost 15 lbs. Not a lot, but I looked a lot different at the end of 90 days.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:19 AM   #7  
Taking it 1lb at a time!

I have to skip plyometicrs because we live on 2nd floor and it just makes way to much noise jumping around(our apt complex is REALLY old). Plus the people next door to us just had a baby and I dont want to wake it up. I think (mostly because of my weight) well probably do round 1 twice. But I am looking forward to yoga today.

@Alki Ill add you to my buddy list. I weigh myself daily but my official weigh in day is Friday. I can post my measurements at the half way mark and then the final on here though for those of you out there who are curious.

@EagleRiverDee More then one person has told me its all about the food, I need to find a really good protein supplement. I dont have to worry to much about eating sweets because Im trying to stay in a certain calorie range and if I dont eat my veggies(like trade them out for sweets) Ill get hungry in the middle of the night(found that out pretty quick the hard way).
Old 02-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #8  

Coco, did you know you can trade the Plyo DVD for the Cardio DVD? I promised to finish the first 3 weeks to see how I do...I still cannot jump around as much as they do in the workouts. My knees hurt so much!

I found that NOW Foods has an excellent 100% Pure Whey Protein Isolate powder that you can mix in milk/juice/water. I mix that with my soy milk and add a cup of chopped strawberries for my breakfast in the morning. The powder alone is 25g of protein.

I just finished my 3rd week of P90x-some muscles are still sore, but I feel good...I'm blowing thru the workouts.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #9  
Taking it 1lb at a time!

@Alki I didnt even think about switching out videos, I just ended up going for a longer walk then usual. Ill try cardio next week.

Tomorrow is grocery day so Ill be picking up some sort of protein powder then. I also need to pick up a few things to make better lunches so I dont get hungry during my workout. I usually do the video right when my DH gets home from work about an hour before we have dinner.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #10  

Today is a rest day. Tomorrow Yoga...not one of my favorites, but last time, I was finally able to do some of the more advanced moves!
Old 02-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #11  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

Oh! I borrowed the P90X today and wanted to start tomorrow on it (or maybe tonight if I'm feeling brave at 3am hahaha).

I don't know if anyone can answer this for me, but I have two questions about it:

1. I am not already thin and looking to build muscle, this is going to kick my butt anyway though yeah?

2. I don't have a pull up bar or a ton of weights and bands and what have you. Need I invest?

3. Why is protein so hard to find?
wednesdaymorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #12  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

I just started a round of P90x. I am tracking it in the 20 somethings Feb/March/April exercise forum. I love it. I am pretty overweight but can do most of the moves or modify them. The last time I did it, I lost 2 sizes and 27 lbs.

I can't do a single pull-up, but use bands to modify the moves. I also do push-ups on my knees. I can't see ever being able to do a Dreya roll, but I am consistent on doing the rest. The hardest DVD for me is the Yoga. I find it incredibly boring. I have an upright bike and do that instead alot of the time.

I am on day 4. Just push play and forget the rest!
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #13  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

Wednesday - A band is an inexpensive investment. You might want to start with that before purchasing a pull-up bar.

As to weights, I only have 3 sets. I would recommend maybe a 3lb or 5lb set and maybe an 8lb set to start. Once you get going you could maybe buy a third set of 12lbs like I did.

I love veggies, lentils, spinach, and beans. I went vegan so I don't follow Tony's plan. Lean meats or the right veggies are a good source of protein.
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:04 AM   #14  

Did Yoga yesterday and my first round of Core Synergestics today. Core wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Lots of repeats from Yoga.

Wednesday: Leopard has it. Right now, start out with the bands, as you become stronger, then I'd go ahead and buy a bar (if you want one). Tony shows modified modes for those without the bar.

Good sources of protein: Greek yogurt, almonds, cottage cheese, tofu, cheese, you can also buy a high quality whey protein powder to mix in juice, milk, water. Make sure it doesn't have a lot of sugar in it, and watch the carbs too.

Good Luck!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #15  
Taking it 1lb at a time!

I am not going to count my workouts last week I missed the last 3 days of the work out due to RL so restarted this week.