3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   What are your exercise goals for 2012?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/248726-what-your-exercise-goals-2012-a.html)

Slim CB 12-15-2011 02:04 PM

What are your exercise goals for 2012??

I'm here at work thinking about my exercise goals for the upcoming year. For 2011, I focused on making sure that I got adequate exercise and just focused on the number of minutes I worked out.

For the new year though, I am thinking about incorporating new things in my regime. I have always wanted to run but I keep slacking off - as a matter of fact, I hate running. It's the same things with weights - I will do weight training intensely for a couple of weeks and then quit. As such right now, I am not sure as to what to pursue in 2012.

How about you? Have you set any exercise goals for the new year??

4myloves 12-15-2011 04:51 PM

I would like to walk/jog 1000 miles.

I would also "like" to commit to completing a workout DVD at least 3 days/week, so 156 workout sessions. That goal will be the harder one to meet.

RHay 12-15-2011 05:53 PM

Cycle instead...I find it really fun. Maybe take a class like pilates and/or yoga. Those are my goals for 2012!

Beck 12-15-2011 06:11 PM

My biggest goal is to run a half marathon in July (maybe before). I'll be turning 40 in 2012 and this is going to be my gift to myself. It's amazing for me to even think about; just several months ago I couldn't even run 1/8 of a mile, and now I'm going to train for 13.1!

Precious Little 12-16-2011 02:14 AM

I am looking forward to focusing on building up my running next year.

I hope to get my speed up (I am such a slow runner right now) so I can do a 5km in under 40 mins. I will just see what happens from there - I want to ensure I am sensible with my training and not let myself overdo it (as has been my tendency in the past) which led to my injury.

I would eventually hope to be able to build up so I can do 8km and maybe even 10km runs(!).

I would also like to continue my cross training yoga/pilots/kickboxing/ etc. and increase my fitness and energy levels.

yoyomadness 12-16-2011 07:59 AM

I want to develop explosive speed that helps me improve in a certain sport I'm passionate about.

I want to increase my strength overall & especially in my back, glutes, & hamstrings so that I can stay healthy as I age.

Weight training & kettlebell are how I plan to achieve those goals.

Good thread! It's great to write these down & solidify them.

sacha 12-16-2011 08:07 AM

I want to hit a 200lb deadlift and 150lb squat (I'm at around 170lb deadlift and 134lb squat), and a 90lb bench, and 65lb press (at 80lb bench, 55lb press).

Slim CB 12-16-2011 08:26 AM

You all have such great goals!

pageta 12-16-2011 08:44 AM

I want to make yoga a part of my routine. I lost weight with walking, and last summer I added cycling to the mix. Running didn't work out (I have bad knees). Now I've started up yoga as my "winter exercise" when I can't get outside and walk.

I've always been interested in yoga but never pursued it. We got P90X and I thought I was going to do that as my "winter routine" but I am a total failure at that. I did sort of like the yoga DVD and am creating my own routine similar to that - I totally got my heart rate up a lot higher during the first 40 minutes with YogaX than I ever do with walking, so I do think it's a serious workout.

I also signed up for a Half Marathon in May. I did my first in October and really enjoyed the challenge. I'm really looking forward to being able to get outside and walk again as I love it and it is so good at relieving stress. I miss my daily walks!

stimkovs 12-16-2011 09:21 AM

I would like to
1. complete C25K.
2. run a 5k.
3. TONE - P90X.
4. try advanced bikram.
5. go to teacher training for Bikram.

Slim CB 12-16-2011 09:38 AM

I think I am going to take up spinning....I hear it tones the legs

pockets 12-16-2011 03:06 PM

Make it to the gym 4 times each week. (I was going 5 for a while, but I've been down to 3 lately. Need to get my butt back in gear!)

Run 1000 miles. (I call it running, most would probably call it jogging!)

Compete in the local marathon in October. (I don't care if I come in dead last, I just wanna finish!)

4myloves 12-16-2011 04:04 PM

Oh, how could I forget? I want to run/jog (oh, who am I kidding) FINISH the half-marathon we have here in town in November!!

tdiprincess 12-16-2011 07:56 PM

Let's see.. what I'd like to achieve:
1. Build up to running 20 miles a week+
2. Keep toning up with kettle bell
3. Get back into circuit training

RHay 12-16-2011 08:36 PM

join new exercise classes! Any ideas? I'm thinking pilates and cycling