3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   What are your exercise goals for 2012?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/248726-what-your-exercise-goals-2012-a.html)

flourless 12-16-2011 09:21 PM

I'd like to try new things. I tend to stick with my cycling because I like it and it's easy. So I think that my goal is to try six new things in 2012.

Belly dancing, folk dancing, tap, hip-hop, flamenco, hula, yoga, tai chi, pilates, boxing, kickboxing, swimming, aqua aerobics, ice skating, akido, Kuk Sool Won, jazzercise, zumba, bokada, dancefit, body sculpting, step aerobics, .. heck, my city offers a class in fitness jump roping.

I can find one new thing to try every other month, and give it a good fair trial.

fitterchick160 12-16-2011 09:30 PM

In January I'm starting JMs ripped in 30 and when I finish that, her six week six pack and then incorporate free weights and mini stepper everyday. Oh and 100 kettle bell swings a day.

shr1nk1ngme 12-16-2011 09:49 PM

I want to get back up to one hour of hill intervals at level 15 on the elliptical, leg pressing 200+ pounds, doing a bajillion incline crunches, and generally being fit.

tuende 12-17-2011 10:48 AM

I love the goals that are about trying something new. I think it is so important to get out of our comfort zones to keep challenging our bodies and learning!

My biggest fitness goal for 2012 is to stick with my workouts, even though I'm moving and will have absolutely no access to any kind of gym or equipment. I'm trying figure out how to work all the major muscle groups with bodyweight exercises and resistance tubing.

I'm also pretty in love with Les Mills fitness classes and seriously take 7 or 8 of them a week (things like BodyPump, BodyCombat, RPM (cycling), etc.). I love the energy and intensity in those classes and I never have to think twice about getting my workouts in. I definitely work harder and push further in those classes than I do when I'm on my own. So my second goal is to bring that same energy and intensity to my workouts when I'm doing it by myself and learn to enjoy my workouts without the Les Mills magic.

josey 12-17-2011 10:16 PM

I sighed up for a capoeira class :yikes:

theox 12-17-2011 10:44 PM

It sounds like you chicks plan on doing some cool stuff!

My main goal is just to exercise more. I plan to start walking more and am thinking about trying to get involved with some sort of martial art again.

seaurchin 12-17-2011 11:08 PM

I joined a 30 day fitness bootcamp. I've completed my first 30 days (Nov-Dec) and I've enjoyed it so much that I'm continuing through the new year. This is the first time that I can honestly say that I have enjoyed exercising.

Bette k 12-18-2011 12:44 AM

I just joined a fitness center and my goals are to get more than my money's worth from there. I will lifet weights 3 ties a week and go for cardio a couple of more times along with doing some workout dvds here at home.

TooManyDimples 12-18-2011 08:06 PM

I want to become a runner. I started doing my own little C25K plan in September. Life got in the way and I stopped for a few months, but I just started back up this past week. I really want to work on building up my endurance and hopefully by the end of the year I'll be a running machine. Giving myself a goal in miles is probably a good idea. Maybe 1000.

I also want to start seriously focusing on strength training. I've been doing very little, but now that I'm getting close to a more normal size I want to really start toning everything up. I don't want to reach my goal weight looking like a potato. =)

seagirl 12-18-2011 09:23 PM

I want to have a home yoga practice. I go to a studio regularly, but I'd like to practice at home too.

I'm signed up to do the bike and swim portions of a triathlon relay this summer.

I want to do at least 2 winter hikes up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. One will be a guided hike up Mt. Washington.

I want to be a able to do Hanumanasana by next summer - the yoga split pose. And work on jump through and handstand away from the wall.

jttw18 12-19-2011 04:54 PM

My goal for 2012 is to continue on working out and hopefully toning my body all around. I just started weight training in August so I hope to continue doing this for the next year.

My weight right now is 136 (standing at 5'5") so I hope to stay around this area or maybe go down a few pounds.

jenjen 12-19-2011 06:15 PM

I've signed up to walk a 1/2 marathon in February, so I've got some serious training to do.

I want to continue with weight lifting & kettlebells.

I want to take exercise classes on a regular basis (especially kickboxing & body pump).

Ekicna 01-05-2012 07:30 PM

My fitness goals for 2012 are to get toned. I made my goal weight, but I want toned abs, arms, legs, and back.