Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 08:16 PM   #1  

Default weight routine

does anyone havea good weight routine, that they can share with me to tone up? Thank you
Old 01-13-2003, 08:25 AM   #2  

I started out with a set of dumbbells and a videotape by Joyce Vedral (she has quite a few, I've got the Fat-Burning set). I've moved on from that routine ... right now I'm doing the Body for Life Challenge. There are SO many different routines. In my opinion, if you're just getting started the most important is to find something - anything! - and just do it! Then as you progress you can do more. If you can't buy a tape, or don't like them, you should be able to find plenty of books at the library.

Pen
265/218.5/150ish
Old 01-13-2003, 07:48 PM   #3  

You might find good info at http://www.stumptuous.com
I love the page myself, and it has given me lots of info and inspiration

Tidey
Old 01-13-2003, 07:57 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

I second Krista Scott Dixon's page...that's the one that Tidey was referring to...

http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

Lotsa great info and she keeps it updated...

Dave Draper's two books, "Your Body Revival" and "Brother Iron Sister Steel" are not only highly motivating but have some good routines in 'em as well...

The Body for Life program is a great place to start - the book is easy to find (if you don't wanna shell out the bucks, try your library - they should have it) and an easy read - not real technical but it gets the job done. I call BFL "Intro to Bodybuilding 101" - it's a great way to start! Ya know, Bill Phillips wrote the book as a way to share the benefits of bodybuilding with the general public - the average Joe or Jane if you will...the exercises are VERY basic curls, presses, etc. easy to learn and remember.

PS - anyone who is into weight training or wants to learn more about it - I cordially invite everyone to check us out at the Body for Life/Bodybuilding board under Diet Plans - we'd love to see ya! Take care!!
Old 01-14-2003, 12:11 AM   #5  

thanx for all your help
Old 01-20-2003, 11:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Tamilee Webb's "I Want That Body" DVD is available thru Amazon.com & it is a fantastic strength workout that requires only handweights (start with three pounds & progress at your own pace to higher weights). The DVD (which I think is also available in VHS) contains three 15 minute segments - Abs, Buns & Arms. Well worth the money & you will see results if you stick with it. Good luck!
Closed Thread