Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-28-2011, 11:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up Leslie Sasone's Walk At Home?

Im a newbie to working out & exercising! I haven't exercised along with a tape since I was in middle school! Anyhow, I'm trying to start somewhere easy, something that I can actually build up to. I was just wondering if anyone here has tried these tapes, or exercised with Leslie in anyway? Is it a good workout & if anyone has had any results, I'd love to hear [or read] your story.
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I started off with some of her videos I found online. I went out and bought her 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk last week, because I love her! Her workouts are easy enough for beginners but still gives you a great sweat! She giggles a little much, but she tends to be very motivating too. I would recommend it.
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #3  

thank you so much for your feedback.. I would eventually like to branch off into more advanced training & exercising.. it's just I need to find somewhere to start lol .. plus I have asthma really bad & some stuff I see people do I feel like I could Never do!
Old 03-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

I think you'll be happy with it. If you google exercise tv, there are alot of free full length workout videos of all variety there.
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #5  

thank you. Now Im just trying to decide when the best time for me to work out would be. I'd like to do it ideally in the morning, but I wake up soo early as it is & I dont get to bed at night until 11pm most night .. Im thinking after work would be the most practical..
Old 03-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #6  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

I LOVE Leslie Sansone! I started out working out to her videos on demand. Just like lostangel said, her moves are very simple but the intensity can be pretty intense!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #7  

yeah, it does seem kind of intense, because I skimmed through a couple of the videos & seen that she jogs & switches it up quite a bit.... I can't wait to get home from work so I can start !! lol.. Never thought I'd be excited about working out lol...
Old 03-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 305 / ticker / 175

Height: 5' 10"

I started out with her simple 1 mile walk away the pounds video. 4 basic moves... 15 minutes... and when I was first beginning, even THAT broke a sweat. I bought her 2 mile and 3 mile walk away the pounds videos and worked my way up, sticking to just the simple walk, rather than the branched out, more advanced videos she's done (firming, toning, challenge, etc). I find that sticking to the straight walk makes it easier on me as far as knowing how to do complicated moves.. but because of the pace, I'm always getting a great workout when I follow her.

To be clear - I've been using these videos off and on for years.. but in the last 2 months, I've been walking away the pounds every day (starting at 1 mile and working up to 3 miles) and have lost a total of 20 pounds and 11.5 inches without changing up my diet very drastically.

Leslie makes it simple, but she still makes you work hard! I love the walk away the pounds series (she goes all the way up to 5 miles) and I would recommend it to anyone from beginners all the way to advanced walkers!
sabrinalecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #9  

thank you for your feedback & congrats on your total weight loss I hope to be there with you soon...
Old 03-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8

yeah her tapes are AWESOME!
and its def good 4 any age and especially(like me)if you have bad knees or joints.
and you wouldnt even think that u could burn alot of calories by just walking but the movements she incorporates helps u burn even more cals.

Last edited by Tohisha77; 03-02-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Tohisha77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

amazon has video downloads for her. i got the powerwalking 4 mile one. great workout and convient if ure ever traveling
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #12  

Well Ive been doing the tapes since Tuesday now & I love them .. I started off with the Mini walk [1 mile] & now I can get through 2 miles.. I hope to be doing the 3 mile walk by the end of the month.. I cant believe the sweat & burn I feel from these workouts!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #13  
Starbucks Addict!

I love Leslie!! I need to start up doing her videos again!!! She makes it so much fun...better than walking on my treadmill....Im going to start tomorrow!! Thanks for the reminder

You will be up to the 3 mile walk by the end of the month if you keep it up girl
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote