Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #1  

Default Where do I start?

So we moved to Ohio last year and I have basically been isolated for the last couple of months and my husband thinks its a good idea to join a fitness club. We went to look at one last night and I came home just wanting to die.
Before I had my son (3 years ago) I was a cycling and step instructor and worked out everyday and I loved it. I was addicted to working out and met all my friends at the gym.
After my son was born I stopped working out because my husband travels alot and I had no where to leave both my kids.
So now three years later I walk into the gym and don't even know where to start. I'm so out of shape and feel so silly since I should know these things. The lady giving the tour mentioned that they need cycling instructors and told me if I was interested to go in and talk to them. Little does she know that just walking makes me tired!
I need to get into shape, I want to enjoy working out again. Where do I start? Should I start on my own for a while and then work my way into classes? I feel so overwhelmed.
usam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Honestly do whatever works for you- just remember no matter what path you take it's going to be hard at first. The first time I went on a treadmill 2 minutes later I was DONE. Now I can EASILY go for 45 minutes.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #3  
Super Mom

S/C/G: 250/250/115

Height: 5'1"

What part of Ohio? I am in NE Ohio...and we used to go to the YMCA here and we finally decided it cost far too much money to keep up our membership -- so we bought all of the necessary equipment and keep it in our fully functional home gym. It is nice, because on cold winter days, we can just go to our own gym and not have to venture out! Plus, I have 4 kids and it is good to stay here.

We have a treadmill, elliptical, 2 weight benches, a bunch of free weights, a powertec machine (the big one) and we have a trampoline... I am going to get a weighted hula hoop soon too. I love those fun things!!
FitSarah is offline   Reply With Quote