Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

Default Opinions on strength, running, 30 Day Shred and where to go from here.

Okay so here it is. I was doing the 30 Day Shred onDemand (so only the first section of it I guess?) and I hated the cardio part of the workout - jumping jacks kill my knee- but I liked the new muscles and being able to do pushups that I was getting from the workout. I LIKE to jog on my treadmill. Yesterday I jogged for 30 minutes and then I did the 30DS after that. I was WORE OUT.

I want to be strong, I want to see muscles and feel strong and I like working them out. Can any of you more experienced ladies help me with what I should be doing? I was thinking of running on the treadmill then doing the weights and abs part of the 30DS and skipping over the cardio part of it?

I was also interested in a gym membership. It would be tough, yes, to get to the gym on the regular as right now I usually work out when the kids are eating breakfast or sleeping. I would have 3 mornings a week where I could get an hour or more at the gym but I dont know if thats enough time spent vs. money spent. Ya know? Im very cheap.

Well that was rambly. Any opinions would be appreciated!
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote