Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #1  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Default Should I buy some free weights?

I have a gym mebership but I have a hard time getting there every day. I want some free weights so I can work out at home doing some of the excersizes my trainer has taught me. I don't have very much money. I just want to know if anyone else works out at home?
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Free weights are great to have on hand. I haven't gone to the gym since July and I've lost 30 pounds since then. If you exercise efficently you can lose weight exercising at home but you have to stay committed and push yourself. I have a bunch of circuit training videos on my dvr that are pretty fun. Exercise videos aren't for everyone though, some people need to be in a gym setting. Try it out and see what works best for you.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

I have a couple of free weights and a resistance band. All but the band were pre-owned. I have 10# and 15# barbells plus some 5# neoprene coated hand weights and a yoga mat and that covers about all my needs for home workouts. I bought the band, mat and one pair of weights at Play-it-again sports, and the other two at a thrift store. The whole set up was under $60 and as I said, covers most of the bases. Add an exercise ball, which you can get at ross or play it again for around 15 bucks and you have everything I use at the gym, except a treadmill for cardio days (really should start running outside) It can be done on the cheap!
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

Depending on the pounds you want your weight to be and what exercises you are talking about. One very cheap way to have weights is to use empty milk jugs. Fill with water to desired weight. Ya just have to weight for someone to drink all that milk.
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

Another cheap way for weights is to buy a resistance band kit. You can do almost anything with it that you can do with dumbbells. And you control the resistance simply by increasing the tension. I love RBs.
Ursula745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #6  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledOne View Post
Depending on the pounds you want your weight to be and what exercises you are talking about. One very cheap way to have weights is to use empty milk jugs. Fill with water to desired weight. Ya just have to weight for someone to drink all that milk.
Great idea that would be cheap thanks!
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote