Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290 / 225 /170?

Height: 5'9"

Default Exercise after abdominal surgery

In 2007, I had to have major abdominal surgery due to a burst appendix. The large incision went from my belly button to the top of my pubic bone (think old school c-section) and a 4" horizontal incision to the right of that about over my pelvic bone. (I was overweight then too and wasn't exercising.) It healed pretty good, but every once in a while I will get a twinge where the incisions were, if I am sucking in my gut for whatever reason (usually when I'm stressed), or I move in a certain way.

My problem is, I want to be able to exercise and tone my gut, but I'm really afraid I'll literally bust my gut. I still need to go to my doctor for a physical before I start exercising that hard, but have any of you had experience with exercise after abdominal surgery?
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I would check with your doctor, I would think that after 3 years that incision is very well healed, but check with your doctor anyway...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote