3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   did you just walked for your excercise? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/219829-did-you-just-walked-your-excercise.html)

darway 12-21-2010 06:18 PM

Our bodies are rigourously designed for LOTS of walking. It's so that we could search for food or migrate to better places, before the modern era.

Someone that is truly in shape, with adequate food provided... can literally walk all day long, for days on end!

tytbody 12-21-2010 07:29 PM

i do believe that too. you are so right Darway.

firefoxsilver9 12-21-2010 11:25 PM

right now i'm walking 15 minutes 5x a day to reintroduce my body to exercise. i plan on increasing the duration and incorporate other vigorous exercises as my body gets used to my current routine. I haven't seen weight loss yet but that's to be expected due to the length i'm currently walking. My goal right now is just getting active.

tytbody 12-22-2010 10:32 AM

Hi Paul. Youre in the right place. Stick around here and the pounds will come off. Its fun, you have accountability and people who all share in the journey.

D you like weight Watchers or caloriencounters?

How is your eating?

bonnnie 12-23-2010 09:37 AM

I normally walk at least 3 x's a week for 45 minutes and then jog 4 x's a week for 50 minutes. However, it has been SO snowy here, I don't have a car, and the buses are barely running, which has forced me to walk, walk, walk - everyday in the cold deep snow for two hours or so. It is extreme, but I have to get to work somehow!

In this time, I haven't been able to jog - the snow makes jogging really unpleasant.

My point is - I forgot how great walking can be! Namely, because when you jog, it REALLY escalates your hunger. However, when you walk for a long period, you can still burn a good number of calories AND you don't get that same jogging hunger.

While I love running for many reasons, walking actually seems to be more suitable for weight loss (simply because you don't get that terribly hungry feeling).

tytbody 12-23-2010 11:12 AM

Walking for 2 hours everyday in snow. You need a troffy w
That is determination. You don't drive or want to?

How come no one will come and pick you up for work?

bonnnie 12-27-2010 08:59 AM

I live in Europe, I don't have a car, and public transportation is barely functioning in the moment.... I see it as a challenge to walk so much! Most people in my city walk and ride bikes to work/school.

Actually, one of the reasons why I wanted to move to Europe was to walk more - and I certainly do.

cincimom11 01-02-2011 11:28 PM

I lost a good chunk of my weight just walking (and eating right). When you're ready to add to the walk, try some weight lifting. Doing squats and lunges counts! It's a great way to boost your metabolism.