Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #1  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

Default Power 90 *gulp!*

So my friend Tasha had great results with this, so I got the P90 series DVDs and stuff. It's time to get off this plateau, I have been hovering between 171 and 177 pounds since May now. It's been so long since I have stepped on the scale and felt pride. I remember when I first saw 179 on the scale, I cried. I was so amazed that I made it. But I haven't made it out of the 170's yet, not in 6 months. I have lost some inches, and I haven't really gained any of the weight back. At this time last year, I was 196-198 pounds. Today my scale said 176.6 pounds, so I am, still, 20 pounds lighter, which is huge. Congratulations me!

HOWEVER.
It's not like I have achieved the goals I had set for myself. I still have over 40 pounds to lose. I know that with real effort put into this, I could have reached my goal by now. But I haven't. Slap on the wrist, but I had also vowed to myself that 2010 was going to be my LAST "FAT" YEAR.
And well, as of now, I'm still obese. I need to lose another 20 pounds in order to not be "OBESE" anymore, and be in the slightly less outrageous-sounding "overweight" category. I would very much like to at least be "overweight" by the time 2011 comes; that way I won't feel like I failed myself for the Xth time.

So I will actually commit to this P90 program. I'm going to be doing this for the next 90 days, starting today.
I am committing to this on this forum because I can't keep myself accountable unless I know I have other people watching my progress and can't disappoint them. I know it's not like you're monitoring me but I like to pretend, so that I get off my butt and exercise a bit more.

I hope this helps because I'm losing my motivation every time I see that the scale doesn't budge. I'm trying this, and with a real effort put in it, hopefully I can get some real results again. It's been so long since I've felt proud of myself after stepping on the scale, it's time to change that.
This was all really long and sorta pointless, but honestly I am tired of being stuck at this point, so I'm going to try to change it.
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Good luck- I've just completed week 2 of the P90X and I'm totally confused cuz I have GAINED weight. In two weeks I have done all but ONE workout (Was ill one day) and I've gained like 2 lbs? I'm hoping it's just from the soreness and I'm carrying extra water! I spoke to someone who said weight gain is normal in the beginning- so just be prepared for that.

I'm not following the diet- I'm continuing with my south beach diet- there diet is just more lower carb than SBD but I still eat very healthy.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #3  

Good luck to you! I know I've been in the same 160's for over 3 months now and it is so very frustrating, and so very much my fault for falling off the wagon again and again. I am recovering from a horrible leg injury and am having surgery in December for it but I can NOT wait for the day to start the P90 series and hopefully move on to P90x. I know I will have to forgoe the jumping, kneeling, etc. but I am sooo curious about the cardio part and if I can manage. Anyway I will look for your postings to see how you are doing.
nurse2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #4  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

beerab - the P90x series just seemed impossible for me to do, but I'm definitely able to do P90! I don't know why you would gain weight, but did you take your measurements? Maybe those are changing in a positive way!

As for me it's been going great, I actually look forward to my workout! And it's only 30 minutes a day which is great. I'm surprised, I NEVER stuck with a video-exercise program for more than 2 days. The first 2 days I hurt EVERYWHERE. Today is day 5, and I feel great, not a lot of pain/soreness. I'm marking down the days on the workout calendar, I found out it keeps me much more focused if I have a short-term goal in mind and can count the days until it's over LOL. So that's what I'm doing, and I hope to move to on do the entire series up to P90x+. All it takes is 12 months. Big deal. :P

nurse2be - the workouts are great, but they do have a lot of leg movement like running, jumping jacks, but I'm sure you'll be seeing your doctor before starting it he can surely guide you better than I can. But if you are able to do it once you recover from your suregery I strongly suggest you do P90, it hasn't been a week for me and I feel better already. I sleep better! I usually wake up a couple times a night, but the last 3 nights, I slept though the night, it was great!

Also I want to point out I'm not "following" the nutrition plan that came with the program but my usualy diet is pretty much that except i eat a lot more fruit/legumes.
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote