Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212.2/212.2/125

Height: 4'11

Default Wii Fit anyone?

I was just wondering if anyone here uses the Wii Fit. It's a very popular product right now, and I personally use it since I love video games. I go to the gym 5x a week. So on my down days I play the Wii It has yoga, and aerobics and strength training. It also has games for balance. I personally think it's a great investment. And if you have kids, it's a great way to spend time with the family.
Lehua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #2  
no{BODY} is perfect

I would LOVE to have a wii fit! But that's not really in the budget right now!

I love the fact that the wii fit also doubles as a scale, which seems to prove helpful.
Momma Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

We have Wii Fit Plus and I love it. I've been using it since we got it for Christmas! I like all the different things to do. Plus, I like the body test. I've brought my Wii Fit age to less than my real age so I think that's pretty great!
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #4  
no{BODY} is perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolajean624 View Post
We have Wii Fit Plus and I love it. I've been using it since we got it for Christmas! I like all the different things to do. Plus, I like the body test. I've brought my Wii Fit age to less than my real age so I think that's pretty great!
That's awesome! Since nearly all wii games are interactive, I'm sure it helps keep you moving on a slow day. But the only thing i don't care for about the wii is that the graphics for regular games are poor, and the cartoony-ness of the other games gets a little old after a while. =0>
Momma Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:29 AM   #5  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

I love mine, its my scale and i use it for the games. my fave is the free step because i can switch and watch tv and it counts the steps and you can hear thru the wiimote a beat to keep step too. and the other games are fun, it's nice when i can't get out to exercise.
srr728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I'm not a big fan of Wii Fit, but I got my start exercising with EA Sports Active. I absolutely LOVE it, and it's definitely the reason I've started jogging and joined a gym. To me it's more like a real workout and less like a game than Wii Fit.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #7  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I didn't really care for the Fit, either. It's ok, and it does have yoga, but i found it super boring and I didn't need a game in order to do all the exercises I do at home anyway. I do like the scale, though. I wonder if I would like the plus better? I love Just Dance- but that's just cardio.
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/240/220

Height: 5'4

For me, Wii Fit has been a blessing. I haven't exercise regularly in years. I've only had it for a few weeks but I've done three evenings a week for about 35 minutes+. It's gotten me up and moving and more interested in working out so it's got me interested in actually trying to take a little more care of myself. I think it was a good thing for me!
highflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #9  
Be happy.

I'm a wii fit plus fan, too.

I've been doing a 30 minute strength routine or strength and yoga mix routine every day along with the island run and/or advanced step for 30 mins or so just about every day.

Now that the weather is nicer I'm able to get out for a 5 mile walk several days a week. My walk takes about 70 minutes so I'm not using the wii fit every day any longer, but I am so glad to have it for days when weather or commitments keep me from exercising outdoors.

Last edited by Heidi58; 04-13-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

We have Wii fit, and though it's a good concept, it just isn't enough for me, after a while. I liked the run feature. That got me motivated as I used it to run around my ping pong table. But I'd rather watch a TV show and do that than watch the Mii's run the lap on the Island. I was frustrated with much of the exercises because so much time is spent clicking through screens that the heart rate never gets up.

I did enjoy many of the balance games though! Those are fun. My favorite is the one that puts you in a bubble.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/195/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
For me, Wii Fit has been a blessing. I haven't exercise regularly in years. I've only had it for a few weeks but I've done three evenings a week for about 35 minutes+. It's gotten me up and moving and more interested in working out so it's got me interested in actually trying to take a little more care of myself. I think it was a good thing for me!
Same here! When I started improving on the games, it made me want to start exercising outside of the house and now I don't use it as much anymore. But I still like to break it out at parties.
ricepapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/190.4/134

Height: 5ft 6in

Wii fit got old fast when it was my regular routine (I used it, along with ww to lose 10 pounds in a month though, which I gained back when I stopped doing both). I bought the biggest loser and tried that but that was too much too soon and I gave that up. (I should've started back on wii fit and worked my way to using the biggest loser). I just started dieting again last week and am hoping to incorporate wii fit in a little for a few weeks and then join a gym and so I'm not totally out of it when I start. Then I hope to use the wii fit to help me stay on track if for some reason I can't make it to the gym (I have 4 kids sometimes finding time to leave the house can be a challenge, but the gym I will be joining is open 24 hours/7 days a week)
guttergirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #13  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
I was frustrated with much of the exercises because so much time is spent clicking through screens that the heart rate never gets up.
Do you have the plus?
I set up a routine and go from exercise to exercise without touching the remote.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #14  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I just ordered wii fitt plus so can't give a review. But I'm hoping kid and I like it!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #15  
Fierce Femme

S/C/G: 185/181/120

Height: 5'4"

We (boyfriend and I) got Wii Fit and the balance board a little over a year ago--I know, because recently, when I turned on the game, it made a snarky little comment about how it had been 400-some days since the boyfriend had last used it. That's right, we got it, he used it a handful of times, and then that was it.

I personally enjoy it as recreational exercise. I hate exercising (unless, of course, I can do it while watching trashy television). So for me, it's really cool to have this built-in monitor that encourages your progress and keeps you on your toes about form and whatnot. And the scale is a lot more reliable than my cheap-o bathroom scale I bought at Target. Plus, the yoga poses really have increased my flexibility! Granted, it's not the same as taking a yoga class, but it's still fun and relaxing.

Good to know Wii Fit Plus has a feature where you can set up a workout and go through it without clicking around--that was my biggest complaint, too. Maybe I can swing that one of these days.
BeeOfTheBird is offline   Reply With Quote