Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-30-2010, 05:17 PM   #1  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Smile Effectiveness of 30 Day Shred?

Yesterday was day 3/30 for me, and I feel really good. (I'm mixing 30DS with other exercise too). I just wondered about everyone's experiences--pounds, inches, NSVs, etc. after the 30 days.
Thanks!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

Mixing this in with dieting and a lot of exercise biking, I've definitely lost at least an inch all together around my body after 15 days. I'm not taking measurements properly until the end of the 30 days, but there's definitely been a reduction in the size of my thighs. Tell my brain they look smaller, please - there must be something wrong with my eyes, because I just cannot tell!
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

I was wondering this as well...I started 30 day shred today too!
Oh and I would loooooove a reduction in my thighs!!
Alicia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

Right, just measured especially for you guys! I don't seem to have lost anything on my tummy, but it is the end of the day so no idea if it's just eating (what am I, a python?). But, I've lost 1/4 of an inch on my thighs, and 3/4 of an inch on my hips. That's an inch in 15 days! I'm very pleased with the hip measurement, I'm a bit of pear-shape.

Mind you, I have been losing inches quite steadily since I started dieting and exercising. I think the 30DS is just really a lot more intense than anything I've done so far, it's a very efficient workout.
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #5  

Your endurance will definitely improve, if you push yourself every day to do it a bit harder.... wider strides, jumping higher, etc. I only have access to a couple of the videos via Comcast On Demand, and my only complaint is that the stretching at the end could be longer. Especially if you're new to exercising those muscles. I'd really suggest finding some sort of stretch workout (you could do on your own, or find a dvd) and incorporate that at the end. You will work your muscles very hard in the workouts of Jillian Michaels, and I personally think your muscles deserve some much needed stretch time.

I had difficulties with my calf muscles at first because of this. Now I've learned to really stretch well all over after the workouts. Just my opinion.

Stick with it and have fun! It does get SO much easier after a few sessions.
redsox33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:55 AM   #6  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks everyone! Belease, great results! Thank you for measuring for us I'm also combining other exercise and calorie counting, so I hope to see good results too. Alicia, I agree-my thighs are one of my big trouble zones. I've always had big thighs, even at my lowest weight. That would be fantastic! Redsox, I've done BL Last Chance Workout, Cardio Max, and Power Sculpt, so I'm familiar with Jillian's punishment I can't believe though, how much sweat is pouring down my face in such a short workout! I agree, I've progressively pushed harder, and thought it kicks my butt, I feel good after!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote