Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-17-2009, 04:26 AM   #1  
Inspired

S/C/G: 275 / 208 / 135

Height: 5'5"

Default Woman with crazy willpower!

I wasn't sure what category to post this under but I stumbled across a website about a forty year old woman who has extremely high willpower and fitness desire. She has an awesome body and is living proof that at any age, we can all be fit and happy.

The website is www.bunklers.com

Be warned, she'll tell you the things you don't want to hear! lol! But I find her to be another inspiration to add to my life like Jillian Michaels.

She also put a list of the plain foods she eats and an emergency workout that she uses.
Minya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

lol, I was wondering how long until chickentuna made it to 3fc. She's pretty well known online in female bodybuilding. Here's the thing: she's nuts. Crazy nuts. Very "all or nothing" kind of woman. Her bodyfat level is extremely low and I am pretty sure she does not have her period. That is what happens when you eat nothing but chicken, tuna, egg whites, yolks, and broccoli with literally no treat meal. EVER. Lifting very heavy. It can be done at any age - some of the most amazing fit women I know are in their 40's - they have been weigh training for years. Diet and weight training is the key to it. It really is. A lot of female lifters do not do cardio. I don't. She does. She has been working out on a consistent basis for *17 years*.

Last edited by sacha; 07-17-2009 at 05:14 AM.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:20 AM   #3  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Amazing blog, thank you for posting. I was just going thru her site and she somewhat reminds me of Jillian (who also hates working out but does it because it is important to remain fit and she loves being fit). I know I hate to work out and lack consistency in my routine. But reading about ordinary folks like these and achieving extraordinary results from sheer determination, lots of hard work and a desire to be fit is very inspiring.

Sacha, your signature pretty much sums it all up. I totally agree with you there. I saw your picture that you posted in another thread - very impressive and inspiring.

Last edited by pintobean; 07-17-2009 at 09:21 AM.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

To me... she is an inspiration! and I like her because she says the truth as it is...
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #5  
Inspired

That's why I love her too Bele
Old 07-18-2009, 12:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 120

Height: 5'2"

You ladies are right, she is an inspiration.
I do have to disagree though with her notion that exercise is always boring and unenjoyable and that healthy foods have to be plain and tasteless
But I can't help being impressed with someone who really doesn't enjoy doing what it takes to have that kind of body, and has to work hard for it, but does it anyway.
peccavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:57 AM   #7  
Inspired

I believe when she talks about plain foods, she means no sauces or butter or putting sugar on her oatmeal. She grills and bakes her food (though she claims she doesn't cook, I'm sure she isn't eating raw) and only adds spices, hot sauces and mustard because they're low to no calories. She's so good at saying no.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #8  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I'm surprised she finds her food so boring, since her list includes lots of nice foods that in combination are really delicious. She is surely dedicated to her body, no doubt about that.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I actually dont particularly like her body.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I'm surprised she finds her food so boring, since her list includes lots of nice foods that in combination are really delicious. She is surely dedicated to her body, no doubt about that.
I think she's maybe more dedicated to appearance than health. I'm not so sure she's doing her body (or mind) so much good.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #11  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

What a fascinating person. And to me, not in a good way. I spent some time on her blog site & kept thinking & thinking about her last night.

Where do you draw the line between dedication & obsession? It's a problem I'm always facing in my own life.

When I draw that line, she falls over on the obsession side. She frightens me because of what she suggests about my own self.

Isn't she the logical extreme of some of what we talk about on this site? She has carried out the advice we all get & taken it as far as it will go. She is perfectly on plan always & exercises with great dedication.

When I embarked on my work of getting healthy & fit, that wasn't what I wanted to turn myself into.

I need to keep this person's site in mind because personally, I take her as a cautionary tale. Yes, she's inspiring to me, but probably not in the way she is to others.

Last edited by saef; 07-18-2009 at 01:37 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I felt kind of sorry for her while I read her blog. She eats food that she finds boring, does exercise she doesn't want to do - why? To feel virtuous? To feel superior to her friends who enjoy their food and movement and life?

I can't imagine doing exercise I hate when there are so many things to do that I love. I biked to the beach today, and then swam laps back and forth along the shore for about 40 minutes. I just kept thinking "this is heaven. I am so lucky."

Doesn't seem like much of a life, but maybe she enjoys it somehow.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #13  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I only peeked as I don't have time to read her site - the bod is nice except for the fake watermelons. I have nothing against implants when they are done tastefully. Hers, IMHO, are not.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #14  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
I actually dont particularly like her body.
It isn't my aesthetic ideal either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08
I think she's maybe more dedicated to appearance than health. I'm not so sure she's doing her body (or mind) so much good.
That definitely seems possible.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
I only peeked as I don't have time to read her site - the bod is nice except for the fake watermelons. I have nothing against implants when they are done tastefully. Hers, IMHO, are not.
I think that probably not the surgeon's "fault" - I don't think a natural look is even possible with her extremely low level of subcutaneous fat.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote