Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #1  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Default Fitness Plan Suggestions

Right now I am taking a college gym class, however next semester none of them fall into my schedule so I will back to being on my own. The gym class gives me motivation because I am getting college credit for it, but next semester that just doesn't work. Since joining a gym probably will be out of the question too, I want to make an at home plan and my husband said that he would provide a reward for sticking to it ( like the college credit is a reward for my gym class). We don't have much at home, we have a treadmill and a wii Fit, so that's what I was going to use. Here's my idea:

Mon- 3.2 mile walk
Tue- Wii Fit Yoga and Strength Exercises
Wed- 3.2 mile walk
Thu- Wii Fit Yoga and Strength Exercises
Fri- 3.2 mile walk
Sat- 25 minutes of some aerobic activity
Sun- Rest day

A 3.2 mile walk because I am comfortable but still have my heart rate up at 3.2 mph on the treadmill, and its very centering for me to walk for an hour it helps feel energized and gives me peace.

The wii fit is about 25-30 minutes of actual work out time, though as I unlock more reps and more exercises it will increase.

Saturdays I was thinking swimming, step exercise tape, tennis, hike with the DH something different to provide me a little diversity.

Any suggestions or thoughts?
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Just make sure that periodically you increase the level. 3.2 mph is good now, in 2-3 weeks you may need to do 3.3 to stay at the same level of intensity.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Sounds good to start with. Do something reasonable and build up from there. Adapting to a new lifestyle is a challenge, a lot of people fail because they try to change too much at once. Enjoy!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #4  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Just make sure that periodically you increase the level. 3.2 mph is good now, in 2-3 weeks you may need to do 3.3 to stay at the same level of intensity.

Definitely the plan. When I first started I couldn't go over 1.5 mph without feeling like I was going to die. I increase when I feel like I am not getting any benefit from it anymore.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote