Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Default Cubicle workout?

Well not so much right now but for large portions of the year I'm alone by myself in a call center for an hour or so each day with nothing more to do than to watch a fax machine and see if something comes through. I'm really hoping to turn this into something more productive. Any recommendations for cubicle exercises?

I've tried push ups but that has low deniability when someone walks down the hall (you get real funny looks) and jumping jacks is out since I'm out of sight but not out of ear range. So far I've been doing squats and stretches. Plus I'll tighten my ab muscles and hold them while seated at the computer. Just curious of anybody else sneaks in some excercise at work.
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #2  

LOL! I do it all the time! I work in a plumbers office and I am pretty much alone during the day, so I find all kinds of things to lift and I do lots of lunges and squats! I have had so much energy lately I get really edgy sitting around! I also try isometrics, I think thats what is called, squeezing stomach muscles and holding them etc! So you are not alone in doing covert exercises! Every bit helps! Have fun!
MissBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #3  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

When seated, you can also squeeze your butt. I do this and tighten my abs when I'm in class or on a long car trip.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hi there!
Check out this link for a complete in-office workout.
http://ezinearticles.com/?An-Exercis...fice&id=145720
You also might want to buy some small free weights and elastic tubing to assist you...and if you search online for elastic tubing workouts, you'll find alot of routines that you can do discretely -- well, more discretely than jumping jacks!!!

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #5  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Here are some videos with Bob Harper for things you can do in the office:
http://officeworkout.msn.com/

Good luck
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #6  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Maybe some lunges (lunge forward, explosive motion back), wall sits, push ups on a wall or against a table (those would be great for doing very slowly since its not full body weight you want to focus on form and SLOW!!!)

Calf raises, umm and I am not sure what all they are named but I know there are some ballet type moves you could do while holding the edge of a table or desk.

Good luck and let us know what works.
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote