Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default p90x - I think I'm gonna do it!

Hi there,

So I am a teacher and about to go on summer break and want to do p90x. I am thinking of just checking in on this thread to keep me motivated - and to see if anyone else wants to do it!

I don't expect to come out of it looking like some sort of fitness queen. I just know during the summer, while most people get more active, I tend to get a little more lazy without my regular schedule... I know p90x is going to be super hard, but I am just making a commitment to just finish the workout, you know what I mean? If they are doing 100 pushups and I am just doing 15, well so be it. It's still better then doing ZERO, right?

Well, go me!!!
badbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #2  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Interesting, as I just got off the phone with a friend that is starting this. I thought I would look it up to see if anyone had any reviews of it. Best of luck!!
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 130/127/118

Height: 5'5"

I have been doing p90x for the last few months. I LOVE it! I have never see much change in my body when working out at the gym- but this program I have seen changes. I am going on a month long vacation to Greece in two months and started p90x one month ago so that I would finish in time for my trip. I am starting to get unmotivated and would love to have some people help me stay motivated. I love the program because it is only one hour a day and can be done anytime and in the comfort of my own home. Hope to hear from you guys soon!
Travelgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:47 AM   #4  

I did some of the P90 workouts (original) and thought they were pretty good. The first workout I did I thought it was waaayyy too easy. Too easy until I got up the next day seriously sore! I don't like the Beachbody sales tactics but I DO like the products.

I just got Chalean Extreme and I'm thinking about starting it tomorrow. Seems a little like a waste though since all my shiny new muscles will still be covered in a layer of flab!
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:07 AM   #5  

Default p90x lean or classic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelgrl View Post
I have been doing p90x for the last few months. I LOVE it! I have never see much change in my body when working out at the gym- but this program I have seen changes. I am going on a month long vacation to Greece in two months and started p90x one month ago so that I would finish in time for my trip. I am starting to get unmotivated and would love to have some people help me stay motivated. I love the program because it is only one hour a day and can be done anytime and in the comfort of my own home. Hope to hear from you guys soon!
Wow cool! I didn't think I would get any response!! This is very exciting/motivating!

So, travelgirl, do you do the classic or the lean? I am thinking of the lean, because while I have been exercising this winter, it is pretty low impact. I am able to do all of the fit test, except the pull-ups. My vertical leap is just a little short...
Old 05-28-2009, 01:08 AM   #6  

Default chalean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindersbee View Post
I did some of the P90 workouts (original) and thought they were pretty good. The first workout I did I thought it was waaayyy too easy. Too easy until I got up the next day seriously sore! I don't like the Beachbody sales tactics but I DO like the products.

I just got Chalean Extreme and I'm thinking about starting it tomorrow. Seems a little like a waste though since all my shiny new muscles will still be covered in a layer of flab!
What is chalean extreme?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #7  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

I heard a lot of positive things about P90X on a mailing list I am on, but it is my understanding that one needs to be able to do the P90 before moving onto P90X.
I was considering it but I really don't know how difficult P90 is (or P90X) for that matter. I was on their website where there was a lot of talking about each section of the video but no exercises shown. Could you ladies post a rough description of what the exercise regimen looks like?

I have to say that in the past I ordered something from BeachBody - maybe a DVD, this was years ago. They started to send me tons of vitamins that I never ordered in the first place and when I returned the product they never reimbursed and it was such an hassle to deal with them that I would seriously hesitate order ANYTHING from BeachBody again. But that's just me.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #8  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

After reviewing the website I decided to order the P90 as the P90x was going to be too much for me at this stage. I wasn't impressed with the checkout as they kept trying to sell you more things. I will post my impressions after I get the videos.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #9  

I did a round of P90x a year ago and got great results, then got busy and relapsed. Decided to do another 90 days this spring, and this time my wife is doing it with me. She had done P90 in the past, and to be honest it's just too easy. P90X is hard, especially at first. You just want to die the first week or two, but if you keep it up, it does work and it gets easier. Just don't skip days, and don't try a super low calorie diet while you're doing it or you won't be able to keep it up, and work at 100% every exercise. My wife was in in particularly bad shape (she works at a desk 10 hours a day) but she worked hard and is able to keep up with the exercises now, so it's doable even if you're not in great shape. She was probably either barely able to pass the fit test or slightly below.

60 days into this round and neither of us have lost a ton of weight, about 5 lbs each, but we've changed a lot of fat into muscle and our clothes are much looser in the waist. I think we're going to do another round when we're done and try to do a little extra cardio to burn a little more weight or maybe reduce calories a little. (we're following the p90x diet guide)

We also have the Chalean Extreme videos, and they seem similar in difficulty but more marketed for women. I have trouble following along with the rhythmic cardio exercises though. The P90X cardio exercises are really simple.

Last edited by mutou; 06-13-2009 at 08:56 PM.
mutou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

Height: 5'7"

I have had P90X for almost a year and have yet to try it. it's a bit intimidating to me. however I have been doing other things and am in better shape than a year ago and have decided to try the ChaLEAN Extreme program. just ordered it today. I know there was a ChaLEAN thread but I can't find it. Anyone out there dfoing it now? And how is it going?
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/181/140

Height: 5'4

I tried the p90x and it was a little too difficult for me. I switched to the lean90x and I'm having a much better time. It's still wicked hard, but I really like the results I'm getting. It's definately not so much weight loss as it is getting into better shape. I have to work on me eating habits to drop the pounds, but I definately feel better about my physical shape and the way my clothes fit with the lean90x.
I hope you try it! And don't push yourself to do it the way the people are on the video, they always have people doing it at different levels. Find the one that you can do WELL and follow them.
Good luck, let me know how you do!
hugasandmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #12  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

I am in week 7 of p90 x doubles I am female and am 57 I was in fair shape and am getting in even better shape I use the bands for the pull ups but have NO trouble with the rest of the workout {except drea roll, and crane but those are personal choises}. I don't love the Yoga but do it religolosly.I couln't follow thier diet too many calories to lose weight {needed to lose 12lbs } they don't let you have enough fruits and vegtables. I have lost 6lbs and many inches lost several bodyfat points {on my scale}.I eat Clean lots of protien veg and fruit 1200 to 1400 cal. I usually add extra CARDIO of 20 min everday and on the 1 hour workout days I add 1hour more Cardio.My 30 day pictures are really showing a difference BEFORE I did this I could BUDGE this weight and I work out HARD .
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/149/105

Height: 5'2

omg i have the p90x workout and i did for a week and stopped. it kicked my butt.
now i just go to the gym and do cardio for an hour. it gets boring after a while of watching the same guy and staying home..
joyinSF is offline   Reply With Quote