Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #1  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Default Question?

Hi guys! This month I increased my exercise routine. It's been five days and for the past two days, I've really been struggling with my energy levels. I'm doing 60 minutes on the treadmill and 45 minutes of strength training every other day and on the opposite days, 60 minutes of cardio w/the My Fitness Coach. I feel great while I'm working out, but like I mentioned, I just feel so drained.

My diet is fine. Healthy meals, eating five times a day and getting 100oz or more of water daily. Plenty of veggies etc., so I'm pretty sure it isn't my diet. I take a really good multivitamin in conjunction with the lifepak nano. Sooo, I want to believe that perhaps this change up in my exercise routine is what is causing the exhaustion. I have worked in Sunday's as my day off, so I'm hopefull, that Monday morning I will start to feel better. I'm not sore or in pain, but I desperately want my energy back.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Delphi; 06-05-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #2  

You may need to up your protein if you are doing a lot of weightlifting. Are you getting enough sleep?
If this routine is a significant increase from your usual, then it may just take you a couple weeks to adjust.
Water25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #3  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Yes, I'm in bed most nights by eight and up at 3:45. Getting adequate sleep, but I think you're right, my body just needs time to readjust.

Thanks for your response. I do appreciate it.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #4  
Looking for a waist!

S/C/G: 263/248/163

Height: 5'9"

I find that when I begin to work out regularly, I am extra tired and it's hard for me to get out of bed in the morning because I'm physically exhausted. I also get enough sleep and have been eating healthy lately. I think it's just natural that your body gets torn down before it's rebuilt.

Good work with your cardio and strength training! Keep it up
elle w 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Definitely look at your protein levels AND your calorie intake. Wth that level of exercise, and your current weight - you may not be giving your body the fuel it needs.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #6  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

If i might make apoint no one wants to hear who is on a diet...... you need CARBS to fuel that long of a workout, and you are also doing the workout in the wrong order, or so ive been told by my trainer.....on days when you are doing strength training also, you should eat a light carb right before workout (within a half hour), and then IMMEDIATELY after strength training have a protein (shake, egg, whatever), THEN do your cardio...by that point, the resistance training will have depleted your muscles of most of its glycogen stores for energy ( we only keep 90 minutes to 2 hours worth in our bodies stored) and your body will have to begin burning fat for energy to fuel your cardio...also, strength training is mUCH more effective when your muscles are NOT already depleted of glycogen...I do not know what type of diet you are following, but as a distance runner i can tell you that long workouts drain you, and you need to keep your body PROPERLY fueled...not necessarily DIET fueled, if that makes sense......
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote