Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

I really don't consider myself a morning person, yet I get up every day around 6am to workout. I've been really successful with it so far. I've only not worked out once, in 2 months.

I do a pilates video, then 30 Day Shred video, which puts me at about 45 minutes. But you could do just 30 Day Shred and that is only about 20 minutes long.

Try starting off with a smaller amount, and after a few weeks of not giving up, keep challenging yourself and get up another 20 minutes earlier and increase your exercise.

It really does get a lot easier. I used to wait until that last possible moment to get up, and really rush. I don't have to rush like that anymore, it's nice.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

OK. So far, so good. Got up at 7 both days. Yesterday did YBB for 45 mins. Today did WATP for 50, 3 miles with cool down. I feel good and energized afterward. This morning I struggled a little to get up. Got up 9 mins after my alarm. On my own, though. No snooze.

Thank you all! I am trying to remember your tips when I wake up!
Ursula745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

As soon as your alarm goes off, turn on the lights in your bedroom. Then as you get ready, bright lights on in the bathroom, then bright lights in the room where you'll exercise. Something about the light triggers the body to wake up.

By the same token - if you wake up in the night to potty, try not to turn the light on if you can help it - it takes much longer to get back to sleep after if you do!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

Default I did it!!!

This week, all week, I got up one hour earlier and did an hour of working out! I made my goal. All weekdays, get up and work out early. Just knock it out, so the rest of thet cannot interfere with me getting fit! WOOHOO! i evern got up at 6:45 today. Not early for some but early for considering I wake up at 8 to go to work.

Ursula745 is offline   Reply With Quote