Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:22 AM   #1  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Default May Steppers Chat

Chickety chat...
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #2  
Breathe the pressure

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5' 9"

Hi everyone! I'm happy to report that I got the Yamax Digiwalker that I wanted for my birthday! YAY! That means I no longer have to average steps between my sportline pedo and my body bugg. From what I've read all over the internet the Yamax one is considered the "gold standard" and it's what studies and universities use to test other pedometers. The part I love best is that it's not expensive. So I'm gonna wear one on each side of my pants just for a day to see how they compare. I'll let you all know how it goes!
GypsyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Sorry I haven't been checking in. Things are busy, I was traveling and taking care of my family and home, the yard is next. I was sick with a stomach bug yesterday and got hardly any steps in, makes up for my big number on Sunday I guess. I'm starting to feel better, keeping food down.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #4  

How is everyone doing? I'm finally feeling better and hopefully my steps will show that today, they've been bad the last few days. I'm ready to get stepping!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #5  

I'm back. Kind of. I keep forgetting to wear my pedometer. I'll have to try better next week. I'm healing from the accident. I can walk, but definitely not as far or fast as I could before.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #6  
Breathe the pressure

Sorry I havn't been around everyone, I havn't been keeping track of my steps the last few days either. I'm going through a bit of a tough spot in my life, I just found out that my BF has been cheating on me after 2 1/2 years. He doesn't know that I know and I havn't talked to him since saturday but I'm just not in a good frame of mind right now. I'll be back soon hopfully just not today or tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well, take care!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyLove View Post
Sorry I havn't been around everyone, I havn't been keeping track of my steps the last few days either. I'm going through a bit of a tough spot in my life, I just found out that my BF has been cheating on me after 2 1/2 years. He doesn't know that I know and I havn't talked to him since saturday but I'm just not in a good frame of mind right now. I'll be back soon hopfully just not today or tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well, take care!
Oh no! I'm so sorry! Lot's of Hugs!!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

GypsyLove- so sorry, sending you a big , take care of yourself.
Need to take a time-out, I to need to get a replacement pedometer, I can only find cheap crappy ones, that keep breaking, so not sure when I will be back. Hope everyone is doing well.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #9  
Breathe the pressure

Thank you both so much! I've been thinking about all this and yes I am upset about what happened but truthfully the relationship was going downhill fast 6-8 months ago. It was only a matter of time before somthing happened to end it and I think because deep inside I already knew this a while ago, I may have been better prepared for it. I've given myself the week to cry, do nothing but mope around and eat whatever I want. I feel better now that I did that. I've worked to hard the last few months in the gym to just throw it all out the window like this so I'm back on board again! I've been trying to lose weight since January but I havn't been to carful about the food part. I think I owe it to myself to try a bit harder now because I know it will make me feel much better. Thanks for the support!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:04 AM   #10  

I'm glad you are feeling better, just remember you need to take care of you, and it looks like you are on the right, road to doing just that. So happy for you!!

can anyone suggest a good pedometer, and where to purchase it?? Did get in a great walk today, but darn, have no idea how many steps! Thanks have a great Sunday.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #11  
Breathe the pressure

I think everyone has their favorites but here's a link I found with one sites description of the 9 best pedometers out of I think 38 that were tested. It's from 2006 though so I'm sure there are newer ones out there too. http://www.prevention.com/pdf/pedometers_2006.pdf
Old 05-21-2009, 12:33 AM   #12  

GypsyLove- Thank You, for the article, I'm sure it will be very helpful.

May Steppers, Hope all is well with everyone. Take Care
Old 05-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #13  

Anyone else still stepping?

Things are good here, hectic as always with 3 boys but good. I'm getting a handle on the eating and started calorie counting. My steps and exercise have suffered the last couple of weeks but I'm trying to get back to it. Once June hits I can get to the gym again, no picking up kids at lunch since they'll all be in daycare and daycamp all day. My lunches will be the gym and walking and one day of just relaxing by myself with a book on the grass somewhere in town.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:55 PM   #14  
Breathe the pressure

I'm still stepping I'm just not as into it as I normally would be. I think I've fallen into a funky mood lately, I just feel blah. I'm not used to coming home and not having my BF online to chat with so it's been a bit lonely. I'm still going to the gym and I'm mixing up my workouts now to keep me interested. I'm running 3-4 times a week, spinning 2 times a week, and yoga 2-3 times a week. Physically I feel great but I guess it's just going to take time for my heart to heal and to be actually happy again. blaaaah! I can't wait to get past this funk! Take care everyone!