Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #1  
Awesome

S/C/G: 250.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Which tape is the most fun?

Ok, I started reading through the posts but thought maybe I would just ask everyone's opinion.

I think I should workout. It seems like one of the things you are supposed to do when trying to lose weight. Although I have working out, maybe it is time to start. I have an elliptical machine that I sometimes use but I was thinking of spicing it up a bit and getting a fun tape to do occasionally.

My question is, what is the most fun exercise tape? I don't want to do something boring, and I don't want to do something that lasts hours, but I need something fun so I will keep doing it. What do you guys think??
janellody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/285/130

Height: 5ft 4in

Well I quess that it would depend on the person. Each person has there own idea of fun. I would suggest that you try to find a video that is simmular to your intrest. Me I was into martial arts in my teens and really enjoyed it so natrually I really like Tae Bo. There are many dancing workouts to all diffrent types of music, From Oldies to Hip Hop, Latin and Belly dancing. The key is to find what you like. I recomend if you have comcast digital you can try some workouts on demand. If you do not many local libraries have a selection of workout tapes that you can try out and maybe find some that you like to buy. I would definatlly recamend that you get atleast 3 diffrent videos so that you can change things up so you wont get bored. Good Luck
blue fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Jillian Micheal's workouts seem popular. The 30 Day Shred has 3 20-30 minute workouts so you don't have to workout for hours.

If you have a blockbuster or netflix account you can rent some out and see what you might like. netflix also has alot of workouts on 'watch now' so you don't need to even wait for them in the mail. The library might be worth checking out also.

http://www.exercisetv.tv/ has a few full length workouts if you browse around and lots of clips of other workouts so you can see what instructor you might like.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #4  
Awesome

S/C/G: 250.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Thanks! I didn't know netflix had workout movies to rent, so I will try that!
janellody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I have a code for a free 1 month trial you could use...

http://www.netflix.com/TellAFriend
code: M420373795935
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Zumba! I lovelovelove Zumba with a big puffy heart. It is a TON of fun, but I really love to dance. I know they have Zumba dvd's, but I take the classes at my gym.
Noniegrace is offline   Reply With Quote